Reload this Page >

Resident´s committee and a general lack of communication

Resident´s committee and a general lack of communication

Old May 23rd 2008, 5:28 pm
Just Joined

chloeinspain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Resident´s committee and a general lack of communication

Dear all,

I own a beach apartment in Marbella and visit it around 10 times a year. I worry about it when I am not there as I have been broken into once this year. Nothing of any real value was stolen but it was very upsetting to arrive to see my apartment turned upside down. The urbanization is very nice but mostly empty outside of the summer months. While it has day-time security, there are no cameras throughout the community and the other owners do not want to install them as they mostly only use the apartments in the July and August months and see it as another expense. I should mention that I have an alarm system but this seems to be pretty pointless as the block is almost empty and no one seems to hear it when it goes off!

I speak fluent Spanish and have spoken to the President of the community about this on various occasions but as he does not live in the urbanization all year he says that he can´t do much about it. It is very frustrating as there is a general lack of communication between the owners of the community and I know that other people have also been robbed in the community, but as we are all rarely there at the same time we never get to actually talk about. We have a v.g notice board in our community but that is not very helpful when the urbanization is practically empty most of the year and no one gets to see it!!

I would really appreciate it if anyone could suggest a way of better communication between neighbours (most live in different parts of Spain and England), kind of like a Neighbourhood Scheme. I have thought of going to a website company to ask them to design a webpage for us so that we could stay in contact with eachother. The only thing that scares me about this option is the cost and the maintenance involved as I don´t want to get roped into looking after it!!!

I am open to all suggestions!
Thanks for your help, Chloe
Old May 23rd 2008, 5:33 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Resident´s committee and a general lack of communication

Oh Boy ...... have you come to the right site for a web site providor .... I'm sure he'll be along soon

I think thats a good idea, get a site up and running and maybe as you get to know people better they may come around to your way of thinking. A site needn't cost that much to set up and maintain
Old May 23rd 2008, 5:35 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome...........

Petes Sitedar is beeping as we speak!
Old May 23rd 2008, 5:40 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

How about asking the president about getting the urbanization gated or a security driveby, if burglars see them it puts them off a bit and they move to places like yours, ie easy pickings.
Old May 23rd 2008, 5:42 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
How about asking the president about getting the urbanization gated or a security driveby, if burglars see them it puts them off a bit and they move to places like yours, ie easy pickings.
a company security contract cant be too much money split between all the owners surely?
Old May 23rd 2008, 6:43 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
a company security contract cant be too much money split between all the owners surely?
Wouldn`t cost much at all.

Get your alarm hooked up to the security company or the police by phone.
They can tell even if they cut the phone lines or short the electric supply.
Old May 23rd 2008, 7:10 pm
Mucho Macho

XTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond repute

Somebody wants a top notch website....at a fantastic price....made in double quick time....with zero maintenance required by the site owner.....EVER!

Buggered if I can think of anybody like that!
Old May 23rd 2008, 10:44 pm
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by XTreme
Somebody wants a top notch website....at a fantastic price....made in double quick time....with zero maintenance required by the site owner.....EVER!

I am sure you could if you think really, really hard. Here is your starter for 10.......
Old May 24th 2008, 7:49 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Need some clues then.

Motorbike
Donkey
Gitanos
Cave houses
Huescar
Old May 24th 2008, 7:54 am
Mucho Macho

XTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Need some clues then.

Motorbike
Donkey
Gitanos
Cave houses
Huescar
That counts me out Rosemary.....cos I'm one of the very few Brits in the area who lives in a house!
Old May 24th 2008, 7:59 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

That counts me out Rosemary.....cos I'm one of the very few Brits in the area who lives in a house!
You live very close to some cave houses though and you have contacts who live in cave houses.

More clues.

WELSH
House is for sale
Wife
Two sons
Orange hair (sometimes)
Old May 24th 2008, 8:02 am
Straw Man.

anyway.........back on topic.............
Old May 24th 2008, 8:14 am

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
anyway.........back on topic.............
Im dying to know if he got the job?
Old May 24th 2008, 8:17 am
Straw Man.

I think the OP needs to come back on really so that we can maybe discuss it further with them instead of between ourselves..........
Old May 24th 2008, 4:36 pm
Just Joined

chloeinspain is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jdr
Hi Jdr,

Thanks for your message. It is a gated community and we have Securitas (until midnight...?!). Thing is, unfortunately not everyone in the community is concerned about security issues.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.