residency

Old Aug 16th 2005, 1:23 pm
Just Joined

Ellia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default residency

Hi all,
I am new to the site and would like some info on becoming a resident of Sapin and to know what I am entitled to now.
I ve been living and working in Barcelona for 3 years now (im from the UK)
I have my NIE number and my social security card, I also pay tax at work.I now want to buy a car which requires 5 years credit, Im not sure what I need to do for this, or if I am entitled to it already? I dont have a residency card and am not sure about how to go about this or how long the process is - Do I need this to go ahead with my car, or can I do this with my NIE?
I would appreciate a little advice on this please
thankyou
Ellie
Old Aug 16th 2005, 7:23 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: residency

Originally Posted by Ellia
Hi all,
I am new to the site and would like some info on becoming a resident of Sapin and to know what I am entitled to now.
I have my NIE number and my social security card, I also pay tax at work.I now want to buy a car which requires 5 years credit, Im not sure what I need to do for this, or if I am entitled to it already? I dont have a residency card and am not sure about how to go about this or how long the process is - Do I need this to go ahead with my car, or can I do this with my NIE?
thankyou
Ellie
You can buy a car with your NIE number and cash, but i don`t know about the credit side, if you have a bank account and have paid your dues maybe the credit will be OK.

Couple of ideas on here http://www.all4one.com/buy-a-car-in-spain.htm

Last edited by jdr; Aug 16th 2005 at 7:26 pm.
Old Aug 16th 2005, 11:45 pm
Forum Regular

svenskidoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: residency

It looks to me like you are already a resident. You live in Spain, you work in Spain, you pay tax in Spain.

Unless you are a pensioner, getting a residencia is not going to make much difference if any.

Providing you meet the general lending criteria I can't see you having a problem.

Originally Posted by Ellia
Hi all,
thankyou
Ellie