Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Residencia Advice

Residencia Advice

Old Jan 21st 2009, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

Kyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really nice
Default Residencia Advice

Please can someone advise me? I need to change the address on my Residencia form because I have recently moved. (Not far, only from the city to a village on the outskirts which is about 4km). What do I need to do / what documents do I need? If it is a case of going back to the Police Station we have heard recent reports of people queuing up for a number from 2 in the morning. I was lucky when I first applied; I didn´t have to queue up and I got the Residencia, which automatically gave me my NIE number, all in the same day.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 8:40 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Residencia Advice

Originally Posted by Kyla
Please can someone advise me? I need to change the address on my Residencia form because I have recently moved. (Not far, only from the city to a village on the outskirts which is about 4km). What do I need to do / what documents do I need? If it is a case of going back to the Police Station we have heard recent reports of people queuing up for a number from 2 in the morning. I was lucky when I first applied; I didn´t have to queue up and I got the Residencia, which automatically gave me my NIE number, all in the same day.
I believe you have to go back I'm afraid. We lost ours once, and were told by our solicitor that we had to return there for anything to do with new issues / amendments.

I did see someone make the point though the other day thats its a national document and as such you should be able to go to any police station. However thats un tested as far as I know
Old Jan 21st 2009, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Not too sure but I didn't think you had to get a new residency certificate if you just changed addresses. We got ours in Benidorm October 2007 moved down south in December 2007 and then moved to Alibir in December 2008. Ours obviously had an Albir address on it. We certainly showed it in various places down south and certainly no-one queried it the different address.

P.S. I do know that you have to obtain a replacement NIE certificate if you lost it.

Last edited by SueG; Jan 21st 2009 at 6:53 pm. Reason: Added P.S.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

Kyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really nice

Thanks Mitzy and SueG.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 10:37 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SueG
Not too sure but I didn't think you had to get a new residency certificate if you just changed addresses. We got ours in Benidorm October 2007 moved down south in December 2007 and then moved to Alibir in December 2008. Ours obviously had an Albir address on it. We certainly showed it in various places down south and certainly no-one queried it the different address.

P.S. I do know that you have to obtain a replacement NIE certificate if you lost it.

Ours is all on the one residencia document - don't think you need both any more.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

Yes Snikpoh, I got my NIE number automatically when I applied for the Residencia.

I have another Residencia-related question: I need to get my empadronamiento in order to register with a doctor and I´m not sure if you need to take your NIE details or residencia certificate. Can anyone confirm this?

My understanding is that in order to get your empadronamiento you need to go to the Ayuntamiento (city council) orJunta Municipal de Distrito (local council office) and take:
- The form required (which you will get there or some council offices have them online so you can download it and fill it out before you go)
- Your passport
- Proof of where you are living (title deeds or if you rent you will need your landlord to come with you or take a signed document as proof).

The doctor I want is 5 minutes from where I live. Even though his list is full he has kindly agreed to accept me because he is my partner´s doctor and will sign the relevant documentation once I have obtained it. The problem is my address: I live in a village on the outskirts of the city and the doctor is based in the city. To get the empadronamiento which will enable me to register with this particular doctor, I need to go to the Ayunatamiento, not my local council office. Whilst my residencia certificate shows an address in the city, the actual required proof of where I am living (title deeds for my flat) shows I am living outside of the city and therefore outside the catchment area. I can´t find a solution at the moment. Does anyone have any ideas?
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 12:06 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Yes simply take your partner with her documentation with you so you can be added (volante colectivo). Take your passport / NIE / residencia with you and also take photcopies of original documentation

Davexf
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 3:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Ours is all on the one residencia document - don't think you need both any more.
Unfortunately we had to do separate when we first arrived
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

hitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nice

may cost you a little bit, but go to a gestoria and they should do it all for you. saves worrying about the procedure and at least you know its done.
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 7:46 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hitchw
may cost you a little bit, but go to a gestoria and they should do it all for you. saves worrying about the procedure and at least you know its done.
I'm not sure about amendments, but certainly with the actual application you have to do it in person ... you can take a gestoria with you, but you have to be there
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 7:53 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Sorry to contradict, but partners can be added without being there in person! We had a case where the wife was added later without her being present - she had simply signed the form given to the husband at the time of his registration, & he had returned it with her passport and photocopy. However things may have changed in the past year or could depend upon area

Davexf
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 7:58 am
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hi
Sorry to contradict, but partners can be added without being there in person! We had a case where the wife was added later without her being present - she had simply signed the form given to the husband at the time of his registration, & he had returned it with her passport and photocopy. However things may have changed in the past year or could depend upon area

Davexf
Its not contradicting, dont worry.
Afaik the initial application has to be attended by you in person at least thats what our solicitor advised, maybe as you say its subject to local interpretation
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 1:33 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

I took our E121`s to the SS office and signed us both on, which I didn`t expect them to do.
As you say you need to show up at most places though, although apparently a solicitor can do it if you P of A him.
Old Jan 26th 2009, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

hitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nice

whenever i had to renew it or replace it from loss(which happened too many times) i did have to go with my gestor, but not wait in line... they tend to take a lot of applications with them in one go and get sent straight through as they know everyone in the comisarias... whenever ive done it ive met them there, gone for a coffee and a cig and they have phoned me when they need me. as i say, may cost something in the region of 100 euros, but better than waiting from 2 in the morning!
Old Jan 26th 2009, 4:46 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hitchw
whenever i had to renew it or replace it from loss(which happened too many times) i did have to go with my gestor, but not wait in line... they tend to take a lot of applications with them in one go and get sent straight through as they know everyone in the comisarias... whenever ive done it ive met them there, gone for a coffee and a cig and they have phoned me when they need me. as i say, may cost something in the region of 100 euros, but better than waiting from 2 in the morning!
It`s by appointment now and alot cheaper than 100 €`s, you got well stung.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.