Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Renting on the Spanish Southern Coast

Renting on the Spanish Southern Coast

Old Jan 28th 2012, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

NickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really nice
Default Renting on the Spanish Southern Coast

I am looking to move to the Spanish southern coast in provinces such as Cádiz, Málaga, Granada, Almeria, Murcia and Alicante.

I am hoping to get some help and recommendations as to areas in which I could move to?

Obviously I want the area to be tourist friendly and safe. I also work online from home so I must be able to get a fast and stable internet connection. Other than that I would want to be on the coast. I have a budget of £700 p/m.

I have had a look on some rental websites and I know I can get apartments or villas for that price range along the coast. However, I know nothing about the areas. I will be taking a trip to Spain soon to look at rental properties. It would be great if you guys could share some tips on good areas.

Last edited by NickFX; Jan 28th 2012 at 12:14 pm.
Old Jan 29th 2012, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

Leper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renting on the Spanish Southern Coast

Dear Nick,

I hope you have an enjoyable experience in Spain. Obviously, you know your priorities. I would advise you visit several places before you decide living there. Furthermore, I would do some research on the urbanisation, complex, housing estate, finca, apartment, etc in which you might stay.

I would warn that you could visit an area in (say) June and it appears to be the location of your dreams. Then from mid September it becomes a ghost town with the residents gone back to other parts of europe, local supermarket closed, once-bustling restaurants opened only Fri/Sat nights.

I think you have a bit of work to do. I would advise you do not get tied into a long term accommodation contract with a large depositagainst future rental etc. It is a renters market out there so you might be better advised to go down the road of private rental.
Old Jan 29th 2012, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

Leper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond repute

Recommended Area:- Mojacar Pueblo or Mojacar Playa in Costa Almeria. They are within 2 miles of each other.

Both are working towns all year round.

Mojacar Pueblo has that Spanish feel that many want.

Mojacar Playa is inhabited 50/50 by Spanish and Ex-pats.

Costa Almeria has the warmest and driest climate of mainland Spain.

You have a choice of Almeria, Murcia and Alicante airports.

Mojacar Playa is a low rise resort.

While a car is handy everything is near so you should have no need for a car.

Walks on the PLaya are on the level for miles and miles.

The Pueblo is a town perched on top of a small mountain. Its streets are cobbled and narrow. There are panoramic views for miles and miles.
Old Jan 29th 2012, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Your range covers literally 100s of kms. Only you know what you are exactly looking for, so you are either going to have to do a lot of looking or scale down a bit your scope of areas.
Your budget would easily long term rent you a detached furnished villa, with private pool and internet in a good area near beach, golf etc in south Alicante area - including mine!
Old Jan 29th 2012, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

NickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really nice

Originally Posted by spainrico
Your range covers literally 100s of kms. Only you know what you are exactly looking for, so you are either going to have to do a lot of looking or scale down a bit your scope of areas.
Your budget would easily long term rent you a detached furnished villa, with private pool and internet in a good area near beach, golf etc in south Alicante area - including mine!
Haha fair enough. Ok let's say I want to move to Alicante, what are the best parts of Alicante in your opinion?
Old Jan 29th 2012, 7:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

IMO The ones that are not over built or over populated, safe and clean but with services and conveniences etc. and with good weather throughout the year and don't have frequent high winds and severe rain storms.
Old Jan 29th 2012, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spainrico
IMO The ones that are not over built or over populated, safe and clean but with services and conveniences etc. and with good weather throughout the year and don't have frequent high winds and severe rain storms.
Any chance you could share some specific names of good towns? I would love to know where to look before I go.
Old Jan 30th 2012, 7:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Guardamar, Campomor - south Alicante. But what some love, others hate.......