Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

[ADVICE NEEDED] On emigrating to Cyprus/Canary

[ADVICE NEEDED] On emigrating to Cyprus/Canary

Old Jan 30th 2012, 12:12 am
Just Joined

joeydav is an unknown quantity at this point
Default [ADVICE NEEDED] On emigrating to Cyprus/Canary

I am only 19 years old but since I left school I have always wanted to live and work in either Cyprus or the Canary Islands. I know it's not a full-time party and I am prepared to work a lot harder for the lifestyle.

I am a fully qualified City&Guilds Electrician. I have a small amount of experience.
Before enrolling onto the course I mentioned my ambitions to my tutor and he told me that my qualification would be recognised around the world.

Basically, I want to know a few things to get me on the right track;

WHEN - When would be the best time for me to start looking for work in Cyprus/Canary Islands? After how much work experience? What time of year?

MONEY - How much money should I have saved realistically before I look for an apartment to rent? Flight money? Will my job cover the costs?

WORK - Am I likely to find a job within the electrical industry? Are there any better options for me?

I'm sorry for not being very specific but this is all new to me, I've only ever lived in England and haven't discovered the big bad world.
I'm just looking for some advice to get me on the right road.

Thanks,
Joe.
Old Jan 30th 2012, 9:09 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: [ADVICE NEEDED] On emigrating to Cyprus/Canary

Ive moved your thread into the Spanish section as you may get more exposure here than in the General Europe section - I see you have already asked the question in the Cyprus forum.