Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

renting a place in Torrevieja for the summer.

renting a place in Torrevieja for the summer.

Old Feb 1st 2010, 4:53 am
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute
Default renting a place in Torrevieja for the summer.

Would any posters have any idea how much a small apartment/bunglow would cost to rent in the Torrevieja area during the month of August, and roughly any idea of the cost?

I maybe wrong but I think that there should be quite a few available, as there are lots of British that have gone back to UK and left places empty.

The places to be considered are, El Limonar, around Carrefour, Park of the Nations, Jardin del Mar.

You know the type of place, easy for shopping and getting out and about without a car.

I have tried calling a few Spanish adverts but they still seem to want "silly money".

I know it is early in the morning, but I have every faith in you.
Old Feb 1st 2010, 1:12 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: renting a place in Torrevieja for the summer.

Our friends pay 525€ including bills for a really nice place in Formentera. I would have thought you could do it for less, in Torrevieja.

Have you tried one of the many agents?

I could suggest one or two by PM, if you want me to?
Old Feb 1st 2010, 1:18 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missile
Our friends pay 525€ including bills for a really nice place in Formentera. I would have thought you could do it for less, in Torrevieja.

Have you tried one of the many agents?

I could suggest one or two by PM, if you want me to?
don't forget they'll be wanting holiday rates - so x by 4
Old Feb 1st 2010, 1:21 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by me me
Would any posters have any idea how much a small apartment/bunglow would cost to rent in the Torrevieja area during the month of August, and roughly any idea of the cost?

I maybe wrong but I think that there should be quite a few available, as there are lots of British that have gone back to UK and left places empty.

The places to be considered are, El Limonar, around Carrefour, Park of the Nations, Jardin del Mar.

You know the type of place, easy for shopping and getting out and about without a car.

I have tried calling a few Spanish adverts but they still seem to want "silly money".

I know it is early in the morning, but I have every faith in you.
holiday lets torrevieja
Old Feb 1st 2010, 1:53 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
Thanks I will pass on the information tonight, I think they were after a months rent as if it were a long term rent, if you see what I mean.

I have a feeling they expected to pay about 500 for the month for a little 2 bed place with a sofa bed in the lounge, you know the type of thing.

There will be about 14 of them coming and going all age groups, I think they are saking a lot, but I promised to try.
If putting a private ad in a UK paper would help, I could give them that option.
Old Feb 1st 2010, 2:02 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by JLFS
Thanks I will pass on the information tonight, I think they were after a months rent as if it were a long term rent, if you see what I mean.

I have a feeling they expected to pay about 500 for the month for a little 2 bed place with a sofa bed in the lounge, you know the type of thing.

There will be about 14 of them coming and going all age groups, I think they are saking a lot, but I promised to try.
If putting a private ad in a UK paper would help, I could give them that option.
you never know - depending on how bookings go they might be able to negotiate a cheaper rent - but some owners are stuck in the 'I can get 2000 a month for a broom cupboard in August' past!

when we were looking to move this time last year I nearly took a place to move in June-ish - then the owner decided that he wanted June July & August rent up front - at 'holidaymaker rates' of more than 3 times the usual monthly rent He would of course (he said) deduct the 'over-pay' from the rest of the year's monthly rents!
Old Feb 1st 2010, 2:05 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
you never know - depending on how bookings go they might be able to negotiate a cheaper rent - but some owners are stuck in the 'I can get 2000 a month for a broom cupboard in August' past!

when we were looking to move this time last year I nearly took a place to move in June-ish - then the owner decided that he wanted June July & August rent up front - at 'holidaymaker rates' of more than 3 times the usual monthly rent He would of course (he said) deduct the 'over-pay' from the rest of the year's monthly rents!
Dont you ever wonder if he managed to rent the place out on a permanent basis???

Serves him right....if he didnt
Old Feb 1st 2010, 2:06 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by JLFS
Dont you ever wonder if he managed to rent the place out on a permanent basis???

Serves him right....if he didnt
I don't think he did - there was still asign in the window in August - & no sign of life inside