Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

renovating homes?

renovating homes?

Old Mar 22nd 2008, 7:37 pm
Just Joined

billieron is an unknown quantity at this point
Default renovating homes?

hi,sorry for messing up you'r english forum, (i'm dutch).
But maybe i've got a interesting idea. I know their are many brtitish who are renovating their home, of vacationhome or whatever, And i'm planning to have some kind of vacation, for a few months or even longer. i'll be glad to come over, to help with basic constructions works or gardning. ofcourse i ask from you travelingcosts and some place to sleep, but i'll work hard, etc.
is this a right place, in getting contact with the right people. in first case i was trying to find this by dutchman, but there aren't that many as far as i know. if you know someting, just write me a personal message, or post it in this forum. I'll be glad to hear something. Further information p.e. dates locations, doesnt bother that much to me. after june/juli i'll be free to go.
muchos greetings

r bil
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 8:13 pm
Just Joined

Alba-gu-brath is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: renovating homes?

Originally Posted by billieron

r bil
Not all of us are english some of us are from SCOTLAND

Welcome to the forum
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 8:16 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alba-gu-brath

Welcome to the forum
Lets not forget the Welsh..
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alba-gu-brath

Welcome to the forum
Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Lets not forget the Welsh..
Did someone say something????
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by leighbloke
Did someone say something????

No but Hannibal Lector is here for lunch i will be back in a mo.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Dont get so touchy, the guy was just asking a question, he does not deserve that sort of welcome
Old Mar 24th 2008, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

Splatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud of

Hi Billie,
Why not include a brief resume to let us know what you can do?

Or are you offering your services as a general labourer?

Good luck anyway, it's a good idea!

Ste.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 10:47 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Splatt
Hi Billie,
Why not include a brief resume to let us know what you can do?

Or are you offering your services as a general labourer?

Good luck anyway, it's a good idea!

Ste.
He's not allowed to as advertising isn't allowed within the forum
Old Mar 24th 2008, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

Splatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud of

He's not allowed to as advertising isn't allowed within the forum
What not even pimping yourself?
How disappointing!
Old Mar 24th 2008, 11:03 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Splatt
What not even pimping yourself?
How disappointing!
I dont want to pimp myself
Old Mar 24th 2008, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I dont want to pimp myself
No your days of walking the street corners are over...
Old Mar 24th 2008, 1:22 pm
Just Joined

haha thnx all for keepin this forum alive. i thought the level of this forum was a little more serious, doesn't bother me at all but.
i think i should better renew my question. I want to live abroad for a few months, or longer, and stay a live with al kind of jobs. I'm 20 year's now, in the strength of my life, and i can do any kind of seasonal jobs or whatever. And now i know a lot of you guys did moved out britain and started a new in spain or where ever. there are some dutch people who just moved out of holland, and bought a old desolated home, to renovate it. This is where i'll be pleased to help with, also because my mother has plans to do the same, but only vacational home, so it's also that i want to learn a lot from it. i'm not advertising myself, i'm just questioning of you guys can help me out with some work, and some place to sleep.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 5:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

battlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by billieron
But maybe i've got a interesting idea. I know their are many brtitish who are renovating their home, of vacationhome or whatever, And i'm planning to have some kind of vacation, for a few months or even longer. i'll be glad to come over, to help with basic constructions works or gardning. ofcourse i ask from you travelingcosts and some place to sleep, but i'll work hard, etc.
is this a right place, in getting contact with the right people. in first case i was trying to find this by dutchman, but there aren't that many as far as i know. if you know someting, just write me a personal message, or post it in this forum. I'll be glad to hear something. Further information p.e. dates locations, doesnt bother that much to me. after june/juli i'll be free to go.
muchos greetings

r bil
You have got a good idea. But as I understand it from your post you would need travelling costs paid and somewhere to sleep. That is all very well but what about living costs, ie beer money. What would you be able to offer work wise that I would not be able to get locally. Labourers in the north of Spain earn only about 40 euros for working 8.00am-5.00pm. Also without a car here it is almost impossible to get around.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

SHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud of

Hi, have a look on the link.
They advertise jobs or you can advertise yourself.
Lots of info there and with Dutch speakers. Unless you are avoiding Dutch speakers of course
Good Luck

http://www.spanjemarktplaats.nl/
Old Mar 25th 2008, 11:04 pm
Just Joined

thank you shergar for giving me this link. it's not that i'm avoiding the dutch, but i thought it would be interesting to see some other folks as well. i've looked for a second that page and i think it would help me a bit.
And to batlezone123, i'm not looking for 9 to 5 office jobs, just for some shitty job's that would help me around, seasonal, etc.
And one question for splatt, you gave me advice to send a letter, i think to you? are you the moderator here or, i guess i don't get it really. anyways thanks to all for contributing.