Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Renewables is a reality

Renewables is a reality

Old May 25th 2023, 6:10 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renewables is a reality

Originally Posted by DLC
Russia has cut off gas supplies to Europe indefinitely. Here’s what you need to know

Who blew up the Nord Stream pipelines?

The most important thing to bear in mind is the more scarce something is, the higher the price, so no matter what the reason (Putin or running out of fossil fuels) we collectively need to move to renewable energy sources before conventional energy supplies become scarce, we don't have any choice in the matter.
Oh dear CNBC & the Economist you certainly have the MSM agenda there.
Not for me thanks.
Old May 25th 2023, 7:51 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

A little more reasoned view about things that you will never see on the BeeB of any MSM

https://youtu.be/kD9KG-j7C0M?list=TLPQMjUwNTIwMjOy7dADEOzKxQ&t=31

https://youtu.be/kD9KG-j7C0M?list=TLPQMjUwNTIwMjOy7dADEOzKxQ&t=31
Old May 26th 2023, 6:23 am
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by VFR
A little more reasoned view about things that you will never see on the BeeB of any MSM
Neil Oliver...
Old May 28th 2023, 5:38 am
VFR
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by DLC
Neil Oliver...
Yes that shows (your post) just how polar opposites we can all be, as to me he is one of the more sane voices commenting in this day & age.
Old May 28th 2023, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

Lagoo has a reputation beyond reputeLagoo has a reputation beyond reputeLagoo has a reputation beyond reputeLagoo has a reputation beyond reputeLagoo has a reputation beyond reputeLagoo has a reputation beyond reputeLagoo has a reputation beyond reputeLagoo has a reputation beyond reputeLagoo has a reputation beyond reputeLagoo has a reputation beyond reputeLagoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Barriej
Top 10 carbon polluters in the world. Knock these off the list and you will actually see some progress.
  1. China, with more than 10,065 million tons of CO2 released.
  2. United States, with 5,416 million tons of CO2
  3. India, with 2,654 million tons of CO2
  4. Russia, with 1,711 million tons of CO2
  5. Japan, 1,162 million tons of CO2
  6. Germany, 759 million tons of CO2 (set to get worse as they have closed the Nuclear power stations)
  7. Iran, 720 million tons of CO2
  8. South Korea, 659 million tons of CO2
  9. Saudi Arabia, 621 million tons of CO2
  10. Indonesia, 615 million tons of CO2
The Uk by comparison is only responsible for less than 6 million tons of the total and Spain 245 million tons...
I wonder what happens if you 'follow the carbon' i.e. follow the goods and their associated CO2 production through to the country of ultimate usage. Presumably the UK will be in the top 10 as it's the 6th biggest economy?

Saying we produce a small amount of CO2 always strikes me like a mafia boss saying he never killed anyone, when he's ordered many murders.
Old May 28th 2023, 7:39 pm
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by VFR
Yes that shows (your post) just how polar opposites we can all be, as to me he is one of the more sane voices commenting in this day & age.
Jewish group and MPs urge GB News to stop indulging conspiracy theories
Old May 29th 2023, 1:02 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

A Guardian follower I should have guessed and no doubt you will be glueing yourself to the road soon..
Anyway no point in replying to me as I have said we are poles apart.
Old May 29th 2023, 7:17 pm
DLC
BE Forum Addict

I could find the same story on other websites if you like. Should I link to the story about him showing an image of Bill Gates as a Nazi on his programme - that's the very definition of sane, right?
Old May 30th 2023, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

Lagoo has a reputation beyond reputeLagoo has a reputation beyond reputeLagoo has a reputation beyond reputeLagoo has a reputation beyond reputeLagoo has a reputation beyond reputeLagoo has a reputation beyond reputeLagoo has a reputation beyond reputeLagoo has a reputation beyond reputeLagoo has a reputation beyond reputeLagoo has a reputation beyond reputeLagoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by VFR
The real facts are that renewables cost a fortune compared to the usual methods so this must be paid for & guess who will be paying the bill.
So the last thing any of them want it to pay anyone for feeding into their grid (all IMO)
People always say wind is 9 times cheaper than gas, but I suppose there's other calculations available.
Old May 30th 2023, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by VFR
I thought that we turned off the taps by refusing to buy it and the allowing old Uncle Sam to blow up the pipeline.

So this is what is planned & the cost will cripple most of the working class of that there is no doubt.

https://youtu.be/inQVdC2IZOg?t=24
There's no mention of costs or who will foot the bill, or how much energy and therefore income will be generated once it's operational. So I wonder how did you reach your conclusion that the cost will cripple the working class?
Old Jun 8th 2023, 4:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Spain’s renewable power generation to top 50% in 2023, surpassing European neighbours on strong wind and solar

https://www.rystadenergy.com/news/spain-s-renewable-power-generation-to-top-50-in-2023-surpassing-european-neighbor
Old Jun 9th 2023, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

rbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond repute

This idea should be priority legislation after the elections. What a fantastic idea, so simple! Local electricity production at the point of consumption and the old chestnut of energy storage is wiped away since the cars are storing the energy. No shortage of locations either in all those out of town shopping centre car parks, factories etc. Your car stays cooler so more savings not turning up the aircon full blast when you leave. Absolute simplicity just needs the politicians to put in place a suitable economic framework to make it happen. Perfect for Spain and the Mediterranean countries: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65626371
Old Jun 9th 2023, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Mark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond repute

You've seen the car park for Ikea in Malaga?
Old Jun 9th 2023, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

rbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond repute

No Mark, not quite visible over the horizon from Santander But fair play, not something I've seen before but it is the kind of thing that governments can influence with suitable legislation. Not at all surprised that it is a certain Swedish furniture company! It's a brilliant way to repurpose existing land and slow down the rate of green field site expansions.

Last edited by rbs_gb; Jun 9th 2023 at 9:43 am.
Old Jun 9th 2023, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Mark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree. I remember something in Spain about a feed in tariff for generating your own solar and feeding it back into the system and I think read recently on here(?) you can't now feed more in than you use normally. Something like that. I wonder how somewhere like this at Ikea works. Maybe they just use what they generate themselves and top it up from the grid when there's not enough. In effect using all they produce and not feeding in at all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.