Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Removals to Spain

Removals to Spain

Old May 31st 2006, 6:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Unexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really nice
Default Re: Removals to Spain

Originally Posted by miren
Another good company is European Removals They have a website that offers instant estimate online and a free phone number 0800 98 058 67 The website is called www.europeanremovals.com
Well, since this old thread got revived ... definitely avoid European Removals ... see my thread at http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=375429
Old May 31st 2006, 7:39 am
GCM
Forum Regular

GCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant future

Hi Spain bound - £4000 is too much and is exactly why I ended up doing the move myself.

You can hire a truck up to 7.5 tonnes - that is a very very large truck but driveable as long as you are relatively confident.

In fact you won't need one as big but anyway we moved a 4 bed house contents - truck cost £700 for a week - I returned it to England and flew back one-way - saved £2,000.

Mark
Old Jun 24th 2006, 3:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Spain Bound
Could anyone tell me of a removals company they have used from UK to Spain that gave a good price and did what they promised.
We have just been quoted over £4000 to move us (2 people living in a detached house) to Torrevieja from Chester. We are not taking ANY white goods NOR any wardrobes, dressing tables or bedside tables. They would provide packing and would pack for us.
Insurance would be extra.
For all I know this may be a decent price but to me it sounds way over the top! I know its difficult to tell without seeing our stuff but what do you think, in ball park terms? I will be getting more quotes of course.... just wondered what you think.
Hiya,

Got various quotes from Bristol to Oliva, Spain....most expensive was £3.5k....the cheapest approx £2k.....that is moving from a 4 bed house - family of four...so you can guess how much stuff we have

Sorted it out when we came over, we have used Parasol Networks who helped us find a house thru Estate Agents and are helping us every step of the way...they put us in touch with various removal companies.

We have found out that they are many Removal Companies or individuals who go to and from Spain to the UK....probably for a lot less but then again I would rather opt for a company on recommendation. So may be worth finding out if there is someone in Torrevieja.

Hope you find someone ...it is a minefield - expensive minefield as well
Old Jun 27th 2006, 5:44 pm
Just Joined

Emilio is an unknown quantity at this point

Could anyone tell me of a removals company they have used from UK to Spain that gave a good price and did what they promised.
We have just been quoted over £4000 to move us (2 people living in a detached house) to Torrevieja from Chester. We are not taking ANY white goods NOR any wardrobes, dressing tables or bedside tables. They would provide packing and would pack for us.
For all I know this may be a decent price but to me it sounds way over the top! I know its difficult to tell without seeing our stuff but what do you think, in ball park terms? I will be getting more quotes of course.... just wondered what you think.

TAKE A LOOK AT www.freewebs.com/euromovers/
Old Jun 27th 2006, 7:28 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emilio
Have you used this company Emilio? Or do you know of anyone who has?

Lin
Old Jun 27th 2006, 9:43 pm
Just Joined

Emilio is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lionda
Have you used this company Emilio? Or do you know of anyone who has?

Lin

Col is a good friend of mine
Old Jun 28th 2006, 8:07 am
Just Joined

philtetley is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I run my own logistics company and are used to doing european removals. Our latest job is to move a couple from UK to very south of Spain. This is most of the contents of a 3 bed house with exception of white goods, it includes two double beds, two seater sofa, chairs etc... Our price for that is £2300 and includes 1 months storage between them moving out of UK property and moving into new property in Spain. We deliver when our customer wants us to deliver. If you want to email me at [email protected] with more details we can hopefully give you a better quote.

Old Jun 28th 2006, 3:39 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emilio
Col is a good friend of mine
Looked at the site and put it in my favourites, it is definitely on our worth considering list. Thanks for that.

Lin
Old Jun 28th 2006, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

maryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nice

......Added it to our favourites too....still waiting on selling our house here in UK, but will definately get a quote.
Mary
Old Jun 29th 2006, 3:32 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

£4,000 is certainly a high quote, we came with a company, and I can't recommend them as we had problems, but their quote was around £2000, which was competitive with other quotes from other companies we contacted. The Agents you bought from should have a list of removers that have good reputations with them. Our agents sub contracted the removal, and instead of getting the furniture here on the day they were supposed to they delayed it a further 4 days, leaving us in an aparthotel for 6 days with only clothes etc for 2, we did, eventually get the removers to drop the amount to be paid by the cost of the extra stay .I would think about 2-3,000 would be about right, but all I can say is to think very carefully about what you are bringing out. Most of the furniture we brought out, apart from the bed and a couple of chairs, had to be found other homes as UK furniture doesn't really fit very well in many of the houses, unless you are looking at a detached villa. Several other peole living near us did the same, and we all ended up throwing out, or getting rid on a lot of what we had brought, but then having to buy things that we had got rid of before we came out.
Old Jul 4th 2006, 2:41 pm
Just Joined

paulio will become famous soon enough

We have looked into removal companies (far too expensive)but have opted to hire a van from the uk and drive it ourselves. Has anyone else done this? How did it go? We will be heading off at the end of August or thereabouts to Chiclana near Cadiz. Has anyone got any other ideas? We would be grateful for any help.....
Old Jul 4th 2006, 2:43 pm
GCM
Forum Regular

GCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by paulio
We have looked into removal companies (far too expensive)but have opted to hire a van from the uk and drive it ourselves. Has anyone else done this? How did it go? We will be heading off at the end of August or thereabouts to Chiclana near Cadiz. Has anyone got any other ideas? We would be grateful for any help.....
I did this myself and saved £2000 - it's important to treat it as a great adventure and not a big hassle.

I don't know why more people don't do this - it's so easy (just avoid Paris at rush hour).

Mark
Old Jul 4th 2006, 3:38 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I've checked Hertz and other big names and they don't even allow drop offs (one way) for vans, well not going abroad anyway. My original quoters have adjusted that quote of £4100 to £3500, and with my wife deciding to get rid of "some" clothes the latest quote is £3290! (+ insurance.) However I will try Whites now, so thank you for that.
I'm sure self drive etc is another good way to do it but in my case it's not an option.
And yes we could sell the lot and start again but weighing up the costs I don't know if that's the way to go.
Thanks to all for the input.
Personally unless you are attached to your furniture I see little point in taking it all over - It costs a fortune, and often "Brit" furniture may not look right in a Spanish setting.

We're selling / giving to charity most of our stuff. I'm taking a couple of rustic pine book cases, coffee table and a few other bits and pieces as well as our trusty bed, stereo system etc. I'm hiring a van to go both ways, and I know it will arrive there when I thought it would, and barring disaster everything will be in one piece, and I might even enjoy the drive. If it costs me £2k I'll be suprised
Old Jul 21st 2006, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

maryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nice

Hi all.....
Has anyone used the company 'Union Jack Removals'?
I've just had a quote for approximatly £3112, (inc vat) which was for an estimated 28 cubic mtrs.
We had a quote from European Removals but although it was cheaper at £ 2243 I remembered that someone had bad experiences with them.
If anyone from the Midlands can reccomend a local company I would be grateful,
Cheers......
Mary.....14 weeks to go before I finish work to start a new life!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

malagaman is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone got any information, good or bad, on a company called www.warmhorizons.com who are based in Alhaurin el Grande. I've had a very competetive quote from them and have been to their premisies and it all seems genuine, but as they say cheap is not always the best!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.