Reload this Page >

Removals to Spain

Removals to Spain

Old Jun 26th 2004, 7:52 pm
Just Joined

Gordon & Jackie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Remover's

Hi,
We have just received our qoute from BISHOP'S MOVE this morning and out of three was the middle one, they want £3,290 inc VAT and plus insce a further £75, they will pack all and dismantle anything that needs doing and put back together at the other end, does not include white goods..........from Scotland to Torrevieja two bedroom house...

Without furniture, except one leather chair and a two seater couch but all the other goods the quote was £1,997 inc VAT plus insce again will pack all......they have branches all over the country and come out to the house to assess which is better then filling in a form........

We have had a qoute for £2,600 and £3,393 full load....

Hope this also helps....

Last edited by Gordon & Jackie; Jun 27th 2004 at 4:42 pm.
Old Jun 27th 2004, 1:48 pm
Just Joined

philip8249 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Removals to Spain

Originally posted by Spain Bound
Could anyone tell me of a removals company they have used from UK to Spain that gave a good price and did what they promised.
We have just been quoted over £4000 to move us (2 people living in a detached house) to Torrevieja from Chester. We are not taking ANY white goods NOR any wardrobes, dressing tables or bedside tables. They would provide packing and would pack for us.
Insurance would be extra.
For all I know this may be a decent price but to me it sounds way over the top! I know its difficult to tell without seeing our stuff but what do you think, in ball park terms? I will be getting more quotes of course.... just wondered what you think.
Hi,

We lived in Oxfordshire and used a small local company called Oxfordshire Removals Ltd, also traded as Lite Moves. Not sure of their number but they had a website at www.oxfordshireremovals.com

They were a couple of great guys who did everything that they promised. Very friendly and very honest. We would recommend them without hesitation. Very reasonable prices too.
Old Jul 29th 2004, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

Julie Lacy is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Removals to Spain

I have just used a fantastic removal company called Tudormove. They moved me from London to Almeria. Nothing was too much trouble for the guys - really helpful and polite. I did not take a full load about half a house full - no wardrobes or white goods for £1650.00 including VAT and insurance. They are a smallish company and the personal attention has made all the difference. Try www.tudormove.com or I used their freephone number which is 0800 783 3423. Well done chaps.
Old Aug 18th 2004, 3:15 pm
Just Joined

miren is an unknown quantity at this point

Another good company is European Removals They have a website that offers instant estimate online and a free phone number 0800 98 058 67 The website is called www.europeanremovals.com
Old Aug 18th 2004, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

miren is an unknown quantity at this point

Get a competitive quote provided by European Removals. Free phone 0800 98 05867
Old Aug 24th 2004, 6:32 pm
Just Joined

maeve is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dolphingirl
More fun just to sell the old stuff and buy new furniture to suit the med lifestyle. Some places come with furniture whether you are buying or selling. Another option
A quick reply, im not in spain, yet, but will be soon, somebody that i know had all their stuff taken over on pallets and cost about £500.00. You would have to look around to find a company that does it, i've not got that far yet.
Old Aug 25th 2004, 6:54 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maeve
A quick reply, im not in spain, yet, but will be soon, somebody that i know had all their stuff taken over on pallets and cost about £500.00. You would have to look around to find a company that does it, i've not got that far yet.
Did they tow them across with a rowing boat
Old Aug 25th 2004, 10:34 am
Just Joined

robbs is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Removals to Spain

Originally Posted by Spain Bound
I've checked Hertz and other big names and they don't even allow drop offs (one way) for vans, well not going abroad anyway. My original quoters have adjusted that quote of £4100 to £3500, and with my wife deciding to get rid of "some" clothes the latest quote is £3290! (+ insurance.) However I will try Whites now, so thank you for that.
I'm sure self drive etc is another good way to do it but in my case it's not an option.
And yes we could sell the lot and start again but weighing up the costs I don't know if that's the way to go.
Thanks to all for the input.

We are hiring a van and driving down with friends, we plan to do it in 24hours non stop, driving on a rota system as we are taking our 2 cats, our friends will then drive the van back to uk, This for us is the cheapest way, estimated cost £1500 and a promise of cheap holidays for our friends
Old Aug 30th 2004, 2:10 pm
ROCKAPE

Adie Buck is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, here's an idear, Pack everything your self and send as a part load with a local haulage company or as a return load with a Spanish company. Should not cost much more than 1K.
Old Oct 7th 2004, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

Spain Bound is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I started this thread on June 4th... thanks for all the advice. We are now in Spain (have to change my name.) and back online.
I hope you will recognise that this is not an ad.... this is what happened.
In the end we used Britannia Cestrian for our removal - I think the 'parent' company is Britannia and the Cestrian is the Chester franchise. They were brilliant. It cost about 2k with vat, plus insurance (you just insure what you want to insure.) They packed the lot.
I even got £170 back because they said there wasn't as much as they had thought there was going to be.
They took our stuff away from our old house, kept it till we rang from Spain 3 weeks later to say we were ready, and delivered it on the exact day they said they would. 91 boxes/items and not one breakage.

Other things:
Went to Elche for my NIE. Was told 4 weeks. It took 3 weeks 1 day. Went to Elche because I was told by several solicitors' offices that although you can get it on the same day if you go to Alicante, I, because of where I live (Quesada), had to go to Elche.
Could NOT buy a NEW car without my NIE and my padron.
Did NOT need any utility bills at all to get my padron, just the copy simpla of my escritura and passport.
I've put all this because the rules seem to change whenever I read advice on these things. The above happened to me within the last 3 weeks! Hope it's useful to someone.
Old May 9th 2005, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

fesuvious is on a distinguished road

Hi, Have just tried to email you through this site but I think there is a problem with the email facility.

It sounds as though you have in the region of 20-25 cubic metres possibly (although we would need more details).

This should really cost no more than @£2500 as a part load.

Just in case the email did not reach you ;

www.moversandstorers.co.uk M&G Transport.

We can help !

Thanks
matt
Old May 9th 2005, 6:50 pm
Sun, Sea & Sangria.

BritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud of

Well I started this thread on June 4th... thanks for all the advice. We are now in Spain (have to change my name.) and back online.
I hope you will recognise that this is not an ad.... this is what happened.
In the end we used Britannia Cestrian for our removal - I think the 'parent' company is Britannia and the Cestrian is the Chester franchise. They were brilliant. It cost about 2k with vat, plus insurance (you just insure what you want to insure.) They packed the lot.
I even got £170 back because they said there wasn't as much as they had thought there was going to be.
They took our stuff away from our old house, kept it till we rang from Spain 3 weeks later to say we were ready, and delivered it on the exact day they said they would. 91 boxes/items and not one breakage.

Other things:
Went to Elche for my NIE. Was told 4 weeks. It took 3 weeks 1 day. Went to Elche because I was told by several solicitors' offices that although you can get it on the same day if you go to Alicante, I, because of where I live (Quesada), had to go to Elche.
Could NOT buy a NEW car without my NIE and my padron.
Did NOT need any utility bills at all to get my padron, just the copy simpla of my escritura and passport.
I've put all this because the rules seem to change whenever I read advice on these things. The above happened to me within the last 3 weeks! Hope it's useful to someone.
Good luck in sunny Spain, from a fellow ex Cheshire-ite
Old Sep 14th 2005, 12:02 am
Just Joined

onyourside is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: Removals to Spain

Could anyone tell me of a removals company they have used from UK to Spain that gave a good price and did what they promised.
We have just been quoted over £4000 to move us (2 people living in a detached house) to Torrevieja from Chester. We are not taking ANY white goods NOR any wardrobes, dressing tables or bedside tables. They would provide packing and would pack for us.
Insurance would be extra.
For all I know this may be a decent price but to me it sounds way over the top! I know its difficult to tell without seeing our stuff but what do you think, in ball park terms? I will be getting more quotes of course.... just wondered what you think.
what ever you do..DO NOT use Trans Spain UK. www.tospain.co.uUK|_we had them and have lived to regret it very much. car seats bed's micro-wave oven you name it it went missing. the car seats did tern up. but dirty. i had bought them new in UK bbeforeccominghere. just thought you should know.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

j0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant future

Hi onyourside,

I just posted a similar reply to Spanish Girl (what to take to spain?).

I paid 500 pounds for I think was about 10 boxes 1 metre square. This was just photos, books, clothes, cds, and a few other bits.

I used Hunts of Redditch here is their link direct. http://www.hunts-international.co.uk/contact.htm.

I wish I didnt bother bringing all these things over, and wished I brought over as much as I could in suitcases and paid the excess if necessary at the airport and bought brand new when I got here.
Old May 30th 2006, 2:14 pm
Barbara

meandkudos is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by onyourside
what ever you do..DO NOT use Trans Spain UK. www.tospain.co.uUK|_we had them and have lived to regret it very much. car seats bed's micro-wave oven you name it it went missing. the car seats did tern up. but dirty. i had bought them new in UK bbeforeccominghere. just thought you should know.
Can I add to this? Do NOT use Kynaston Relocations [www.kynastonrelocations.co.uk] from Wales. Used them twice, silly me. !st time through broker, they couldn't fit all our stuff on lorry so just left a load behind when we moved to France. 3 months later we moved on to Spain, I thought the original problem was because of the broker, so gave Kynaston a 2nd chance. This time to go back to Lincolnshire to collect our things lefyt behind, come on the France and move us on to Spain. They did not turn up either to Lincolnshire on promised day, or to France. The communications were almost non-existant. We had to leave France on the date agreed, so Kynaston were left to their own devices. Everything was pre-packed, we had even brought everything into two downstairs rooms to help. They arrived in Spain three days or so late, they had not even brought everything from France. Had they arrived on the promised day at least we would have been there to decide what to leave, if anything had to be left behind. The item they left is going to cost me just short of €100 to replace!
After they had delivered we noticed my Ducal dresser had a deep scrape mark on it, and I am a concrete planter missing. I did inherit a new laptop case [in case anyone reading lost theirs] I didn't need a laptop case.
To date they have not responded to my email and or letter.
They did not deserve their 2nd chance. The employees worked very well though, credit to them, the boss?????? Black mark I'm afraid.
meandkudos

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.