Relocation

Old Jan 27th 2013, 4:22 am
Just Joined

maureen.2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Relocation

i lived in marbella for a wile and thinking of coming back for 3 to 6 months and would like to share or rent a ground floor aprt along the costa del sol im a mature irish lady so if you can help me my
e mail is (SNIP)thank you.

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Jan 27th 2013 at 9:03 pm. Reason: email removed for your own safety
Old Jan 27th 2013, 7:48 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
& I bet it doesn't have internet or satellite tele included
we are actually in a small town/large village, and the property is basically WYSIWYG
never been lived in and the landlord fitted the kitchen for us in a rush.

Telefonica came out and found there was no duct to the property from next door so we couldn't have a telephone/internet (they aren't allowed to install new lines using the old aerial bundling across the street.
So we have a Jetsur dish and use radio telephone/internet.

I am sure there aren't that many in this situation, just that our end of the street still has 3 empty plots and 2 part finished houses, so little infrastructure.

It is all these problems that have given us much food for thought when sitting in the dark due to another power cut discussing where and when (but before next winter) we move to permanantly
Going back to the UK ? Not an option, Spain will NOT beat us.
Old Jan 27th 2013, 8:01 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geordiejimbob
Thanks Domino but maybe one for the future, would feel more at home in a community.
Cheers
Geordiejimbob
Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
I don't think Domino meant you could have his lol that is where they live I think.

Yes, CW is right, it is where we live at the moment, but let me know if you want me to tell you when we move out

It is part of a community, just it is a working Spanish village, although there is some English spoken and some Brits who live here as well.
We have a reputed 50 bars but I havent been able to find them all, but I have the coming summer to keep looking.

Don't get stuck in the "out in the sticks" bit, we are only 22miles from central Granada, buses every hour at €1.85 each way, ours goes past the hospital so convenient for any major appointments, but the local medical centre is 24hr with emergency callout.
living out here is far cheaper than the urbanisations, with a population of about 4000 we have great facilities, 4 bakers, butchers, greengrocer, 3 large supermarkets 4 small ones, 3 fishmongers, all within 10mins walk from the house, so no need for the car unless getting a new gas cylinder or a sack of potatoes.
We also have a proper sports facility, soccer pitches etc, along with Ford and Peugeot franchises

and although yes internet is a must (to keep in touch with BE) we get 38 channels of Spanish terrestial TV, which has progs in English, but the news in Spanish helps you to get used to the language and hone your pronunciation.

Enjoy

`
Old Jan 27th 2013, 9:17 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maureen.2
i lived in marbella for a wile and thinking of coming back for 3 to 6 months and would like to share or rent a ground floor aprt along the costa del sol im a mature irish lady so if you can help me my
e mail is (SNIP)thank you.
As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary