Reload this Page >

Relocating to Spain with my son

Relocating to Spain with my son

Old Feb 11th 2019, 10:09 am
Just Joined

Catherine44 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Relocating to Spain with my son

Hi there,

I have just joined this forum and hoping to get some suggestions from anyone who has been through the "relocating to Spain" process!

My son (8yrs) and I have decided to trial World Schooling and we would like to make Spain our base for lots of reasons.

I am looking for recommended towns in Spain to being my research on.

The criteria for us would be:

Not too remote, I will have a car but we think a town rather than village would be best
Ideally close to the sea as we both love it - within 20-40 min drive or bus ride would be ideal
Access to kids activities, for example a Martial Arts kids group, Arts group or sports - typical after school clubs so my son can immerse himself in the language and meet other kids
Market town - a bit of hustle and bustle but not club med central
Not too touristy - I get that Spain's economy relies on tourists and I don't mind some but just not an overwhelming amount
Within 2hrs of a good Airport.
A pleasant vibe, parks with swings etc..

So far, I have checked out Valencia as a possible but I don't know it well enough to know which surrounds towns would be good.

If you have any suggestions you would be happy to share then I would be most grateful to hear them,

Thank you in advance,
Catherine

Old Feb 11th 2019, 10:39 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Relocating to Spain with my son

Welcome.

Hmm. My first thoughts are that you may have problems educating your son that way in Spain - it's not entirely legal (in Spain).

Have you looked in to the laws regarding this?
Old Feb 11th 2019, 11:08 am
Herreño

Boseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond repute

Las Palmas, Gran Canaria, in the Canary Islands ticks 90%t of your boxes, plus you will not need a car, public transport is more than adequate, and winters are not allowed here.
Old Feb 11th 2019, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute1sexsmith has a reputation beyond repute

If you mean home schooling then that is illegal in Spain. Eventually the authorities would catch up with you.