Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

registering an unplated vehicle

registering an unplated vehicle

Old Mar 2nd 2009, 12:36 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute
Default registering an unplated vehicle

Hi,

A female friend of mine has fallen in love with this 19 year old motorcycle owned by a neighbour. It was taken off German roads (and the number plates returned) two years ago.
She now wants to rematriculate it and put it in her name!
Whilst I think it is possible, I am not so sure.

Anyone tried this?

Davexf
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 7:42 am
Just Joined

bbeau is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: registering an unplated vehicle

My next door nieghbor did the the very same thing,can,t remember how much,but he got it all done by in about 2 weeks.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 9:01 am
zel

zel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hi,

A female friend of mine has fallen in love with this 19 year old motorcycle owned by a neighbour. It was taken off German roads (and the number plates returned) two years ago.
She now wants to rematriculate it and put it in her name!
Whilst I think it is possible, I am not so sure.

Anyone tried this?

Davexf
I'm 90% confident that it should be possible.

The two main things to consider would be the First Registration Tax (also known wrongly as import duty) and its age.

The registration tax for its age wouldn't be much at all I would have thought so I doubt that would be an issue.

But the age of the bike might be as it will be too old for a Certificate of Conformity so she would have to have a Certificate of Compliance sorted from the manufacturer assuming they're still in business?

Basically it's a document that details the technical aspects of the bike which is needed for any car/bike in the EU.

It might have the information needed on the German registration document if it's new 'new type' which was issued in the last couple of years but knowing Spain they probably won't accept that.

So I would first find out if a certificate of compliance is available to order from the manufacturer and if so then go from there, check my faq in my sig for further info.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 10:21 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Zel,

Thanks, your thinking is along the same lines as mine; the bike is a Yamaha 1000 cc - I have no other details as she has not got all the documentation yet.
We approached ITV who swiftly passed the buck to the interventor - who only comes on Wednesdays
I will report back when I know something

Dave