Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Registering with a Doctor?

Registering with a Doctor?

Old Jan 1st 2011, 11:20 am
BE Enthusiast

TheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Registering with a Doctor?

I'm getting mixed advice. Has anything changed?

I've just moved almost 1,000KM away from Granada. Done the local Ayuntamiento stuff and now need to register with a local doctor. Do I need a 121 (or, whatever) simply to register? If not, what do I need?

Not ill, but would like to register and book in for a check-up and introduction at some time in the near future. That is all

Thanks in advance for any info'.
Old Jan 1st 2011, 11:46 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Registering with a Doctor?

Originally Posted by TheLostPhotographer

I've just moved almost 1,000KM away from Granada. Done the local Ayuntamiento stuff and now need to register with a local doctor. Do I need a 121 (or, whatever) simply to register? If not, what do I need?

Not ill, but would like to register and book in for a check-up and introduction at some time in the near future. That is all

Yes. You need an S1 form (formerly this was the E121 or E106, now combined) to show that you are a pensioner etc. etc.
Old Jan 1st 2011, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Yes. You need an S1 form (formerly this was the E121 or E106, now combined) to show that you are a pensioner etc. etc.
Thanks. I'm not a pensioner. Probably never will be the way the UK state pension fund is going. Think I meant E111???

Is the S1 now for all, and can I get one online?

I'll Google myself, but others' first hand experience always counts for more IME.
Old Jan 1st 2011, 2:35 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. I'm not a pensioner. Probably never will be the way the UK state pension fund is going. Think I meant E111???

Is the S1 now for all, and can I get one online?

I'll Google myself, but others' first hand experience always counts for more IME.
There's no such thing as an E111 now. This was replaced by the EHIC some (7?) years ago now - it's only for holidays! Once you are resident here, then it SHOULD not be used.

If you are not a pensioner then you should contact DWP and ask about the S1 cover based on NI contributions paid.

This has been discussed to death on here so take a browse for more info.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

We just walked into our local centro medico (not your local doctors in a pueblo) but an office next to the finance dept of our local hospital, with our NIE forms and the girl behind the desk did it all for us. Gave us a temporary piece of paper and promised us our tarjetas de salud would arrive in a month or two. A month or two has passed and we are still waiting. Nevertheless we took that piece of paper to our local doctor and she filled in her system (recently introduced computerised system). so now we are registered.
Got a locum last time though. I've never met such a (expletive deleted )'doctor'!