Reload this Page >

Reciprocal healthcare France/Spain

Reciprocal healthcare France/Spain

Old Apr 24th 2016, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

brise is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Reciprocal healthcare France/Spain

Hi

Is there anyone out there that could point me in the direction of finding out if Spain has a reciprocal healthcare system with France please? Are there any English ex French residents who have relocated to Spain with French pension etc?? I have been searching sites but can only come up with benefits for UK to Spain.

We are under UK pension age, but my partner is nearing retirement age here in France and would qualify for a small French pension and any related benefits that may bring!

Any advice, help or links to sites that may be of use very much appreciated, many thanks in advance
Old Apr 24th 2016, 2:40 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reciprocal healthcare France/Spain

Originally Posted by brise
Hi

Is there anyone out there that could point me in the direction of finding out if Spain has a reciprocal healthcare system with France please? Are there any English ex French residents who have relocated to Spain with French pension etc?? I have been searching sites but can only come up with benefits for UK to Spain.

We are under UK pension age, but my partner is nearing retirement age here in France and would qualify for a small French pension and any related benefits that may bring!

Any advice, help or links to sites that may be of use very much appreciated, many thanks in advance
Hi from the France forum!
ameli.fr� -� Vous partez vivre votre retraite en Europe
gives info.
Has your partner contributed the necessary number of trimestres (not necessarily in France), and applied for his French Pension (presumably the State one?)? The process should be set in motion about 6 months before stopping work.... I imagine that, only when he receives the official notification would he be able to justify that he's a "French" Pensioner, and as mentioned in the link, he'd have to inform the CPAM and the Caisse de Retraite, not forgetting to include you as a dependent (once again, presuming you are), before you leave.
It might be useful to apply for the S1 form from Newcastle if he contributed in the UK in the past. If the "small" French Pension is, for any reason, less than the basic 1000€ per month, it might not be sufficient to justify the same healthcare coverage in Spain.
Hope this helps a little! There are a few members who used to live in France and are now in Spain, and they'll be able to be more concrete!
Old Apr 24th 2016, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

brise is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Reciprocal healthcare France/Spain

Many thanks DMU, fabulous link and info, cheers!!!