Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Is it really raining all the time in Spain

Is it really raining all the time in Spain

Old May 27th 2008, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

Burkins has a spectacular aura aboutBurkins has a spectacular aura aboutBurkins has a spectacular aura about
Default Is it really raining all the time in Spain

Going to Spain (Murcia) for my hols this weekend, everytime I look at the weather it says rain... is this true or have the BBC got it wrong????
Old May 27th 2008, 7:20 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is it really raining all the time in Spain

Originally Posted by Burkins
Going to Spain (Murcia) for my hols this weekend, everytime I look at the weather it says rain... is this true or have the BBC got it wrong????
I live in south-west France and it has been raining here non-stop since Saturday. It's all coming up from Spain and the Med. Sorry about that, but it can't last forever. At least it's not cold...
Old May 27th 2008, 7:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Everytime ive been over this year bar January it has rained all the time, however this time last year was quite bad for flooding in that area IIRC, I have booked my next trip to the above area from June 22ndish Should hopefully be improved by then.

Of all the Websites for weather ive used the BBC is pretty accurate it gives a %age of rain in a certain area at times you need to know

Sometimes just to cheer me up if BBC says rain rain rain, Ill look at another site that says Sun Sun Sun, even though I know its inaccurate just to cheer me up.

Lately all my trips have only been 2/3/4 day jobs so usually rains all through and back home its sunny again, So in the summer I try to make longer trips so you get the rain but also 10 days + of pure sun.

I hope it works out for you, you can only give 48 hours on the BBC as a proper forecast, 5 days forward is still too much to predict with any certainty, so good luck mate.
andy
Old May 27th 2008, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

Burkins has a spectacular aura aboutBurkins has a spectacular aura aboutBurkins has a spectacular aura about

I thought that it was only me that searched all weather websites until I find one that says sunshine!!!

We went to Calpe last April and it rained.. thought further south, later in year we would be fine, but looks like the rain coat is coming with us again!
Old May 27th 2008, 7:35 pm

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

Its been lousy wet weather here for nearly 3 weeks!!

The good news is I am on the other side of Spain to Murcia!
Old May 27th 2008, 7:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

The weather is not too special at the moment
Old May 27th 2008, 8:00 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Same Difference
Its been lousy wet weather here for nearly 3 weeks!!

The good news is I am on the other side of Spain to Murcia!

It's been great here in Chiclana, I have been in the pool everyday and what rain we have had has been during the night and just one day Monday of last week
Old May 27th 2008, 8:07 pm

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by crispy
It's been great here in Chiclana, I have been in the pool everyday and what rain we have had has been during the night and just one day Monday of last week
Go on......rub it in why dont you!!

I am even considering putting the bloody heating on!!!
Old May 27th 2008, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

I do a daily weather report for this area elsewhere and since January I think I have only added a weeks rain if that, usual daily report is sun and blue skies, same today, and yesterday and the day before

look at this weather web site, go to the province then the place you are going to, it gives you 7 days forecast.

http://www.aemet.es/es/eltiempo/prediccion/localidades

Last edited by pwwm; May 27th 2008 at 9:03 pm.
Old May 27th 2008, 9:19 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

ya its rained few times here like a hour on sunday again yesterday again but only 20 mins
watch the web cams in the area and you see whats going on

Murcia Turística > Webcams > Plaza Cardenal Belluga google it
jurdy
Old May 28th 2008, 7:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Pugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud of

Well, it's alright, not fabulous. My kids are still in their school jumpers and it's nearly June. Plus the school play has been rained off this week!
Old May 28th 2008, 7:51 am
Account Closed

El Capitan is an unknown quantity at this point

Fraid it is true at the moment Burkins. As well as the bbc, check out http://tiempo.meteored.com/prediccio...-1-Espana.html for a pretty reliable picture and forecast on what is going on. We had more thunderstorms last night and it was a tad chilly for end of May but at least the days are warmer.
Old May 28th 2008, 7:54 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

we have had quite a lot of rain, but it's usually only for an hour or so, then the sun comes out, the floods dry up and it's back to normal. You don't get the grey drizzly days like the UK, rain in Spain doesn't stay mainly on the plain, but when you do get it it comes down in buckets full.
Old May 28th 2008, 8:38 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Bright sunshine and clear skies here at the moment, 10.30 and 21 degrees
Old May 28th 2008, 9:16 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

I've got a full load of washing in and another waiting ...... and the clear blue sky has become very overcast and threatening May as well be in England for the rain we've been getting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.