Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

re registring uk car

re registring uk car

Old May 6th 2007, 12:12 pm
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: re registring uk car

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Well I guess the answer to that is .... why would it? Why would the Spanish want to legalise loads of unregistered cars running around on their roads. There may be changes about the import tax in time with pressure from the EU, but thats about all I guess.
These stories always crop up from time to time. The law has only just changed to reduce the time residents have to register their UK cars
I think they thought it WAS going to be EU ruling.
Old May 6th 2007, 12:14 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scampicat
I think they thought it WAS going to be EU ruling.
Well I hadn't heard, but if thats so it would probably be about the import tax, not the re registering.

A bit like the EU ruling about the Valencia Land Grab, which was completely ignored by the Spanish
Old May 6th 2007, 2:35 pm
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Well I hadn't heard, but if thats so it would probably be about the import tax, not the re registering.

A bit like the EU ruling about the Valencia Land Grab, which was completely ignored by the Spanish
Yes... a couple we know who have a place on the outskirts of our village have not only got to give up part of their land for a road they do not want, but also have to pay for the privilege. They were laughed at when they asked for compensation!