Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Re-entering the Spanish Tax system

Re-entering the Spanish Tax system

Old Sep 29th 2019, 7:10 am
Just Joined

ghyw is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re-entering the Spanish Tax system

After being in the UK for three years I am coming back to Spain full time and re-entering the tax system. I read somewhere that I will need to have a 'Certificate of Fiscal Residency' from HMRC to cover the 3 years. Does anyone know if this is true and is there anything else I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance,
GHYW
Old Oct 1st 2019, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

NABman has a reputation beyond reputeNABman has a reputation beyond reputeNABman has a reputation beyond reputeNABman has a reputation beyond reputeNABman has a reputation beyond reputeNABman has a reputation beyond reputeNABman has a reputation beyond reputeNABman has a reputation beyond reputeNABman has a reputation beyond reputeNABman has a reputation beyond reputeNABman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re-entering the Spanish Tax system

Whilst I cannot confirm everything that might be necessary the Certificate of Fiscal residency is what our accountant has said my wife (UK tax resident) will be required to obtain.

We have become Spanish residents this year and with our property rental income in Spain we will have to complete the Modelo720 and a tax return for this tax year.
Old Oct 4th 2019, 10:42 am
Just Joined

ghyw is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Re-entering the Spanish Tax system

Thank you.