Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Is there any Credit Score attached to a NIE

Is there any Credit Score attached to a NIE

Old Sep 26th 2019, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

Adam777 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is there any Credit Score attached to a NIE

Quick summary. I signed up for a domestic Internet Service and then cancelled it quickly in the first week, a window of time where a 'full money back' cancellation was offered.

Unfortunately the company simply kept billing me for the service. When contacted their customer service people acknowledged the error and told me it would get sorted out, but it doesn't. Its at the point where my account cant even be found by the customer support people I contact unless they go into their 'issues' queue as they dont even have me listed as a regular customer any more, yet they continue to bill me regardless.

This has been going on for 3 months. So this month I cancel the direct debit.

If this issue is not resolved logically is there any credit scoring system that my unpaid, cancelled direct debits might impact?

Old Sep 26th 2019, 4:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is there any Credit Score attached to a NIE

In answer to the title of your post your NIE is simply your number on the register for foreigners and is nothing whatsoever to do with your personal finances, credit worthiness, etc. etc. etc.

Don't be confused by the fact that it's frequently required when purchasing goods, that's just an administarive function nothing more.
Old Sep 26th 2019, 4:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Notdunroamin
In answer to the title of your post your NIE is simply your number on the register for foreigners and is nothing whatsoever to do with your personal finances, credit worthiness, etc. etc. etc.
its not just given to people who register on the foreigners register although that is one way of obtaining it. You can get an NIE without signing on the register i.e. property owners that are not on the register and only intend using their property for holidays. It is a tax identity number whether one is tax resident or not.
Old Oct 4th 2019, 8:34 am
Just Joined

jonnymc is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats a good question, does your UK credit score follow you here or do you start from a 'clean slate'?
Old Oct 4th 2019, 4:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute

Despite what you may see on TV ads there really is no such thing as a 'credit score'.

Your credit history is on record with the various agencies but they themselves play no part in determining your creditworthiness.

When applying for credit potential lenders will interrogate your record and come to a decision based on that.

It's perhaps worth noting that Clearscore who advertise widely on TV only have access to Equifax and not to Experian or TransUnion and that each or the three use different algorithms so will all come up with different 'scores' than the others.

​​