Radio/Media work in Spain

Radio/Media work in Spain

Old May 20th 2010, 2:43 pm
Just Joined

KrisL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Radio/Media work in Spain

Hello all,

Long time lurker first time poster

I was just wondering if anyone on here had any experience of working in the Radio, Journalism or Media biz out in Spain?

I'm a recent Radio Journalism graduate who'd love to move out to Spain, so going through the motions and researching the plausibility of my (hopeful) adventure. Any tips/hints/advice would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks for reading!
Old May 20th 2010, 2:45 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Radio/Media work in Spain

Originally Posted by KrisL
Hello all,

I was just wondering if anyone on here had any experience of working in the Radio, Journalism or Media biz out in Spain?

I'm a recent Radio Journalism graduate who'd love to move out to Spain, so going through the motions and researching the plausibility of my (hopeful) adventure. Any tips/hints/advice would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks for reading!
Google english radio stations in Spain and then send them your CV and see if they have any vacancies or tips?? I get the impression tho that alot of the english stations are bought into and run by the shareholders??????

Jo xxx
Old May 20th 2010, 3:14 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

I know someone who has worked for a couple of stations. They were paid a pittance and were expected to get their salary through the sponsors they attracted. If you can afford to survive for a few months you may get some work experience.
Old May 20th 2010, 4:15 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

You need to talk to jurdy, but he is not on here much now.
Old May 21st 2010, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
I know someone who has worked for a couple of stations. They were paid a pittance and were expected to get their salary through the sponsors they attracted. If you can afford to survive for a few months you may get some work experience.
Agree totally - that is what happens certainly to people who I know that work on the local radio stations on the north Costa Blanca and virtually all of them are illegal! There is a new law coming into force on the 1st June and if anyone in authority gets their act together they could all disappear.
Old May 21st 2010, 1:29 pm
Just Joined

KrisL is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies all. I had a sneaky suspicion after looking a few up and a quick listen that sponsorship may be the order of the day as far as wages are concerned.

Once I've got some savings up work experience could be very useful though! Thanks for the help
Old May 22nd 2010, 5:18 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by KrisL
Hello all,

Thanks for reading!
i mail you befor , so reply back

work in Spanish media