Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Purchasing Mobile on Internet

Purchasing Mobile on Internet

Old Oct 9th 2006, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Purchasing Mobile on Internet

Has anyone got any good sites to purchase a mobile from. I am looking for a Motorola Razr3.
Old Oct 9th 2006, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Purchasing Mobile on Internet

In the unlikely event that I were to purchase a mobile telephone on the internet I may do it here:

http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/9221...-v3-black.html

or here:

http://www.pixmania.com/es/es/92216/...-v3-negro.html

if you want to order it from Spain.

Last edited by Beachcomber; Oct 9th 2006 at 12:24 pm.
Old Oct 9th 2006, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

CDL Ben will become famous soon enoughCDL Ben will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by glynis
Has anyone got any good sites to purchase a mobile from. I am looking for a Motorola Razr3.
Get on e-bay. Saw some great phones on there, already unlocked (able to use on any network) usually much cheaper than the shops if you get lucky.
Old Oct 9th 2006, 6:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cdlcaretaking
Get on e-bay. Saw some great phones on there, already unlocked (able to use on any network) usually much cheaper than the shops if you get lucky.
I particularly want a Motorola Razr 3 and if I buy on the uk site I am worried that I will not be able to unlock it/use it on a Spanish pay as you go site. If I buy on the ebay.es I am not 100% sure I am buying the right phone. Thought about Gib as to whether you can buy both UK and Spanish mobiles.
Old Oct 9th 2006, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

CDL Ben will become famous soon enoughCDL Ben will become famous soon enough

I particularly want a Motorola Razr 3 and if I buy on the uk site I am worried that I will not be able to unlock it/use it on a Spanish pay as you go site. If I buy on the ebay.es I am not 100% sure I am buying the right phone. Thought about Gib as to whether you can buy both UK and Spanish mobiles.
I got a Nokia phone from a friend in the UK that was on the Orange network and managed to unlock it for 6€ using a code I found on the t'internet and put my Spanish SIM in it no probs. There are also many shops here that offer this service but obviously charge far more. I don't reckon you'll have a problem but can understand your concerns.

There is a shop in Bahia Sur almost opposite McDonalds wedged between the Telefonica shop and the Vodafone shop that sells lots of cellphones (as well as other electrical items) all unlocked and usually second hand, so cheaper. Could be worth a try.
Old Oct 9th 2006, 7:24 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Our local Boulenger (spelling ?) electrical shop had open network ones on sale for 140€ last month.
Old Oct 9th 2006, 9:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

Boulanger (nearly right JDR, is there one closer to Benalmádena than La Cañada?) or Urende would also be my choice.

I'm going to Urende tomorrow I will see if the have the Motorola you want.

Edit: Just discovered there is a Boulanger at Las Lagunas!!

Last edited by Beachcomber; Oct 9th 2006 at 9:29 pm.
Old Oct 9th 2006, 9:32 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beachcomber
Boulanger (nearly right JDR, is there one closer to Benalmádena than La Cañada?) or Urende would also be my choice.

I'm going to Urende tomorrow I will see if the have the Motorola you want.

Edit: Just discovered there is a Boulanger at Las Lagunas!!
There is a one in the new outside shopping center near Dunnes in Fuengirola.
Old Oct 10th 2006, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

sharonl is an unknown quantity at this point

please dont even dream of purchasing a mobile phone from messages posted on forums or message boards.
these are postings from nigeria advanced fee criminals who will rob you of your money.
they also post all popular electrical goods ie i pods lap tops.
DO NOT GO THERE

as for e bay again be very very carefull as the romanians are flooding ebay with scams.these people are not to be messed with and are very clever in the way the do their dealings.they hijack others id's and feedback to lull you in.

i know all this as my husband is subbed to www.419eater.com which is a site with dedicated volunteers who trace these people down and make their activities somewhat awkward.

always buy from a well know dealer and be very cautious of websites as there is many fake sites out there.

the main giveaway is the payment method.

they DO NOT take any credit card,most payments by western union(totally untraceable once sent) or a very weird sounding bank somewhere unknown with a different name to who you contacted.

if you have any concerns about any site etc PM me and my husband can check it out for you.

take care
Old Oct 11th 2006, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

steve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to all

Glynis read these reviews before you part with ur cash

http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Motorola...one:1991740572
Old Oct 11th 2006, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

accommodation-in-spain is an unknown quantity at this point

If you go to the network shop you wish to use e.g. if you want to use vodafone and the phone is locked to another network they usually un-lock it for free ;-)