Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Puerto Pollensa, Majorca

Puerto Pollensa, Majorca

Old Jun 8th 2012, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

dlparry is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Puerto Pollensa, Majorca

what is puerto pollensa in majorca like? is it very touristy? are there a lot of mallorcans? cleanliness? is it aimed at families or are there lots of young or single sex groups go there?

we are currently in the uk and seen a couple of businesses we are interested in and looking to view them soon but have only been to the southwest and have no knowledge of the rest of the island. we are going to view other businesses in the south west and are wondering whether its worth travelling to the other end of the island to view two businesses.

thanks
Old Jun 8th 2012, 12:39 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Puerto Pollensa, Majorca

I've been on holiday there a few times and its lovely. Very touristy, but lots to see and do if you've got young kids. While you're there you might as well go and take a look at all businesses you need to. However, I'm not sure now is a good time to buy anything over there - Especially not bars or restaurants. They are struggling and dont forget that whatever you may manage to make there in the summer will have to carry you thru the winter. Majorca doesnt have much of a tourist industry during to winter months as the weather can be harsh! But I guess you know that

Jo xx
Old Jun 8th 2012, 12:57 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Well, when I last went on holiday there it was lovely .... but on the other hand that was when Alcudia (nearby) was a tiny little place .... I guess it's probably changed
Old Jun 8th 2012, 1:03 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Well, when I last went on holiday there it was lovely .... but on the other hand that was when Alcudia (nearby) was a tiny little place .... I guess it's probably changed
Is Alcudia the little walled town??? I loved that. And the monastery where Frederick Chopin lived with George Sands (that was her pseudonym) - I cant remember what it was called, but it was so beautiful

Jo xxxx
Old Jun 8th 2012, 1:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I was there in 1970 and a brandy cost 5pts exorbitant

I went back in 95 but was lost, I do not speak German
Old Jun 8th 2012, 2:32 pm
squeaky clean

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
Is Alcudia the little walled town??? I loved that. And the monastery where Frederick Chopin lived with George Sands (that was her pseudonym) - I cant remember what it was called, but it was so beautiful

Jo xxxx
Valldemossa a beautiful and historical place, altho a bit touristy

Jo xxx
Old Jun 8th 2012, 5:36 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

I used to go to Puerto Pollensa in my 20s.....xx years ago

I did write the number but it shocked me so much I had to x it out!

one of my nieces goes there every summer with her husband & 2 kids - they love it & so do the kids - family friendly apparently, but not 'in your face'

now I really feel old
Old Jun 8th 2012, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

dchaworth is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

It is touristy but large enough to have a reasonable mallorquien population. The tourists are mainly Brits, it is family orientated and pretty clean.
Bye
David
Old Jun 10th 2012, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

dlparry is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the replies guys
Old Jun 12th 2012, 1:08 am
Just Joined

Sun101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Its quite a large town and has quite a lot of Mallorcan people live there.
I think its a very nice town, quite touristy, but as said it does have quite a few locals. There are some lovely restraunts in the town square and the market is also very good.
The tourists are mainly Brits, but there are also lots of Germans and lots of Spanish from the mainland.