Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Vendor increases price!

Vendor increases price!

Old May 21st 2012, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

chocaholic22 is just really nicechocaholic22 is just really nicechocaholic22 is just really nicechocaholic22 is just really nicechocaholic22 is just really nicechocaholic22 is just really nicechocaholic22 is just really nicechocaholic22 is just really nice
Default Vendor increases price!

Can't quite believe this- just about to sign contracts after getting the mortgage agreed (after obviously agreeing a price first) and now the vendor wants more money!!

I am sure some of you will have noticed and been kind enough to answer my questions on this forum regarding our purchase, but I did not see this one coming!

Told him to take a hike!
Old May 21st 2012, 5:26 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vendor increases price!

Tell him that you have seen a property that is much better for the same price and you were willing to go ahead and honour the original agreement with him but not prepared to raise the price under any circumstances. He is trying it on surely.

Rosemary
Old May 21st 2012, 5:28 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chocaholic22
Can't quite believe this- just about to sign contracts after getting the mortgage agreed (after obviously agreeing a price first) and now the vendor wants more money!!

I am sure some of you will have noticed and been kind enough to answer my questions on this forum regarding our purchase, but I did not see this one coming!

Told him to take a hike!
As a matter of interest, what nationality is the vendor ?
Old May 21st 2012, 5:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chocaholic22

Told him to take a hike!
Have both you and the vendor not signed a 'Contrato de arras'?
Old May 21st 2012, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

chocaholic22 is just really nicechocaholic22 is just really nicechocaholic22 is just really nicechocaholic22 is just really nicechocaholic22 is just really nicechocaholic22 is just really nicechocaholic22 is just really nicechocaholic22 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Rosemary
Tell him that you have seen a property that is much better for the same price and you were willing to go ahead and honour the original agreement with him but not prepared to raise the price under any circumstances. He is trying it on surely.

Rosemary
I really don't know what he is thinking, but the agent is trying to reason with him. Actually it is true that since accepting our offer other larger properties have dropped in price- so he maybe have shot himself in the foot!

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
As a matter of interest, what nationality is the vendor ?
British

Originally Posted by The Beast
Have both you and the vendor not signed a 'Contrato de arras'?
Solicitor would not let us sign anything until the bank agreed the mortgage.
Old May 21st 2012, 5:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond repute

In that case you have no legal comeback or leg to stand on.....The vendor is just being a bit of a prat and trying it on......Walk away and wait a day or two....Its a buyers market....I am trying to sell an apartment and the potential buyers have all the cards in their hands....Good luck!
Old May 21st 2012, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The Beast
In that case you have no legal comeback or leg to stand on.....The vendor is just being a bit of a prat and trying it on......Walk away and wait a day or two....Its a buyers market....I am trying to sell an apartment and the potential buyers have all the cards in their hands....Good luck!
Thanks- just had to vent a bit of my anger!!

Just off to pour myself and hubby a large glass of expensive wine- which would be a lot cheaper in Spain.
Old May 21st 2012, 6:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe anybody being so stupid as to try that on in the current climate!

When I was looking for a house just over 9 years ago, I asked for a second viewing on one house owned by a British guy. When I met the agent beforehand, she said "I don't know how to tell you this, but the vendor has been in touch and said we (the agency) made a mistake about the price and it is actually 10,000€ more than we told you before". Immediately I thought this guy thinks I am an idiot with more money than sense, I went ahead with the second viewing just to waste his time but had no intention of buying the house. It is only a few doors away from the one I ended up buying and I know that the people who did eventually buy it paid less than the original price I was quoted (and have discovered a lot of defects with it, so he did us a favour really!).

I'd tell him to take a hike or if you really want the house, say that you're no longer prepared to offer as much as you were originally as prices have dropped since then. Serve him right.
Old May 21st 2012, 6:24 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

perhaps the vendor has a death wish
Old May 21st 2012, 6:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lynn R
I can't believe anybody being so stupid as to try that on in the current climate!
(snip)

I'd tell him to take a hike or if you really want the house, say that you're no longer prepared to offer as much as you were originally as prices have dropped since then. Serve him right.
My thoughts exactly.
Old May 21st 2012, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

Leper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond repute

Teach him a lesson and say you want to pay less now or you're walking away from the deal . . . and be prepared to walk.
Old May 21st 2012, 9:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds to me like this joker is just trying to get you to pay for the change in the exchange rate, like everyone else says walk away and i bet he comes running to you.
Old May 22nd 2012, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

britishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond repute

Most likely the vendor has been unnerved by the rise of the pound against the euro and wanted more to get what he originally thought, but agreed a silly thing to do in the current market
Old May 22nd 2012, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

avocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud of

Out of curiosity.....since you're getting a mortgage, you will have an actual valor tasacion for the property........what percentage of the valor tasacion were you willing to pay ?

The answer you give will decide whether the seller knows what he's talking about.
Old May 22nd 2012, 8:19 am
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw
My thoughts exactly.
And mine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.