puerto banus

Old Apr 24th 2009, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

gazzajlill is an unknown quantity at this point
Default puerto banus

hi there just a quick question on how realistic or easy would it be to find bar work in puerto banus really fancy moving out there, have never been before but really like the sound of the area??
Old Apr 24th 2009, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

Dessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really nice
Default Re: puerto banus

Originally Posted by gazzajlill
hi there just a quick question on how realistic or easy would it be to find bar work in puerto banus really fancy moving out there, have never been before but really like the sound of the area??
Read the other threads, there is no work in spain!! Now is NOT the time to be 'fancying' a move to spain.
Old Apr 25th 2009, 6:29 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

OH YES IT IS - but only if you have shed loads of money to survive - i.e a massive pension not just your old age pension. There is no welfare state here!

The climate, the way of life, the open roads etc, all make Spain a wonderful place to live. I for one would not want to change my wonderful life. I came here to die here But not for many a year. I love living here.

And that is why loads of people want to come to Spain. But there are no jobs to be had and Spain is likely to suffer the depression for longer than other countries.

Davexf
Old Apr 25th 2009, 10:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hi

OH YES IT IS - but only if you have shed loads of money to survive - i.e a massive pension not just your old age pension. There is no welfare state here!

The climate, the way of life, the open roads etc, all make Spain a wonderful place to live. I for one would not want to change my wonderful life. I came here to die here But not for many a year. I love living here.

And that is why loads of people want to come to Spain. But there are no jobs to be had and Spain is likely to suffer the depression for longer than other countries.

Davexf
Actually there is and it is quite a generous one. It's just that you have to fit into the correct criteria to be able to claim.
Old Apr 25th 2009, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Econ has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond repute

As others have said getting work here is not easy but why Puerto Banus? to be honest it seems to have become a bit of a dump ridden with loads of street prostitues and people selling pirated goods. OK, other towns on the CDS have this problem now but in PB it probably seems a lot worse because of it's small size and cramped back street.

It has become a shadow of it's former self...

Last edited by Econ; Apr 25th 2009 at 10:54 am.
Old Apr 25th 2009, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

trentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nice

Ifyou want bar work in PB you need to try and applly early. My son looked for work last August and all the positons had been filled.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 4:33 pm
Just Joined

gazzajlill is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanx for the advice and comments,positive and negative ones,as for why i would want to move to spain well why not theres no work here in england either and the weathers crap and you will only get benefits if you are(well i leave that one to your imaginations!).
as for dessiree comment well, im sorry for 'fancying' anywhere where id hope to get a better way of life but if you allways believe the negatives life wiould be quite boring so thanks but i believe in giving things ago no matter how hard it may seem!!
Thanks again.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 4:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps some of the posts above weren't clear enough

theres no work here in england either and the weathers crap and you will only get benefits if you are(well i leave that one to your imaginations!).
Leaving aside the imagination, you ARE entitled to benefits in the UK even if it's only income support.

In Spain the benefits you get depend on how much and for how long you've contributed to the system. If you haven't contributed, you'll get nothing.

If you can manage without, great. If not, think again.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 4:49 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Thanx for the advice and comments,positive and negative ones,as for why i would want to move to spain well why not theres no work here in england either and the weathers crap and you will only get benefits if you are(well i leave that one to your imaginations!).
as for dessiree comment well, im sorry for 'fancying' anywhere where id hope to get a better way of life but if you allways believe the negatives life wiould be quite boring so thanks but i believe in giving things ago no matter how hard it may seem!!
Thanks again.
You asked for comments and you got them first hand from people that live here.
At the moment the only way to survive in Spain is with a contract job that includes healthcare or be a pensioner then you will also get healthcare but will struggle on the exchange rate.
Apart from that I would say it is at least ten times harder to live here than in the UK especially in P B.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 5:43 pm
Banned

jojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks again.
If you´re young free and single then give it a go. Your best bet would be to come over for a few weeks holiday and see what you can find, that way you can see what is available over here and if it fails, well you´ve at least you can go back to the UK having had a holiday and some fun hopefully

Jo
Old Apr 26th 2009, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

Splatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jdr
I would say it is at least ten times harder to live here than in the UK
Blimey! Bad day at the office dear?
Old Apr 26th 2009, 10:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Splatt
Don't think jdr is far wrong though unfortunatley.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 2:40 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Go for it young fellow my lad....carrying and moving beer crates all day helped keep Mrs P and I trim............... But stay out of the sun Look what happened to us .

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 30th 2009 at 6:38 am.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 7:33 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Splatt
My pension has gone down 30% cos of the exchange rate just lately.
All donations grately received. ;-))
Old Apr 27th 2009, 12:53 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by jdr
My pension has gone down 30% cos of the exchange rate just lately.
All donations grately received. ;-))

You could always cut and paste the attached and keep them in your wallet and your status in the Brit karaoke bar will be restored.I scanned the odd note from my wallet

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 30th 2009 at 6:38 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.