Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Public services

Public services

Old Mar 22nd 2007, 4:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future
Default Public services

After being shafted again in Gordon Browns budget yesterday I thought back to the public services we get in Ayamonte
Refuse collection twice a week(3 times in summer)
council workers out with dust carts 6 days a week
Loads of police on the beat
Plenty of council gardeners
Good 24 hours a day medical care

I would like to where all my tax money goes Gordon
I suppose after Iraq,Afganistan & soon the Olympics theres not much left

Chris
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 4:43 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Public services

Originally Posted by chrismortley
After being shafted again in Gordon Browns budget yesterday I thought back to the public services we get in Ayamonte

Chris
Refuse collection every two weeks (alternating green waste and household refuse)

Council workers with dust carts - errmmm PASS

Police on the beat - seen some of those 'specials' walking around in two's

Medical care - don't visit the surgery out of hours or you get shouted at by the receptionist because they are 'busy' (that's what they did with me when I went in with a heavy nosebleed dripping everywhere!)

Council Gardeners - NOW YOU'RE TALKING - saw 6 of them planting flowers on a 6sqft plot of garden last week - well they were actually stood there chatting but I'm sure they had good intentions

Mmm - nope - can't think where it's actually going
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

cajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lionda
Refuse collection every two weeks (alternating green waste and household refuse)

Council workers with dust carts - errmmm PASS

Police on the beat - seen some of those 'specials' walking around in two's

Medical care - don't visit the surgery out of hours or you get shouted at by the receptionist because they are 'busy' (that's what they did with me when I went in with a heavy nosebleed dripping everywhere!)

Council Gardeners - NOW YOU'RE TALKING - saw 6 of them planting flowers on a 6sqft plot of garden last week - well they were actually stood there chatting but I'm sure they had good intentions

Mmm - nope - can't think where it's actually going
wow you're lucky, we get shouted at by the 'busy' gp's receptionist if we phone them DURING opening hours
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 5:38 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cajam31
wow you're lucky, we get shouted at by the 'busy' gp's receptionist if we phone them DURING opening hours

I remember taking my young brother to the doctors, many years ago before appointments were necessary. He was only 4 at the time (he's 42 now) I told the receptionist he kept being sick and she told us there were quite a few people waiting so to sit down and wait in turn. I said "No, you don't understand, we can't wait because he keeps being sick" She looked at me sternly and said "you have to wait like everyone else".

Sooooo - we sat down and promptly David was sick all over the floor We were the next ones in to see the doctor
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

cajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud of

my friend and me were on the bus yesterday and a little old man was chatting to us, he pointed at the baby and said tony blair loks after you lot doesnt he, do you cope ok? we were a little confused and said yes we cope fine, he then went on to say about how tony blair is good to people like us and makes sure we are ok, and how it wasnt like that in his day. we eventually worked out he thought we were teenage single mums, how fab, we are both married and in our 30's
I'll take it as a compliment
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future

Chris
I forgot this
I have just paid our council tax UK £ 1875.00
My Spanish communal tax 247 euros

Sorry another winge

Chris
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 7:47 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

I forgot this
I have just paid our council tax UK £ 1875.00
My Spanish communal tax 247 euros

Sorry another winge

Chris
I know its a absolute joke !! Mine just came in this week £ 1850.00 and only me and Mrs BigPete live here , dont have kids at home , dont use the library or parks or anything !!

All they do for me is pick the rubbish up 1 time a week if we put it in our own bags and drop it down by the roadside before 7.00am on a Friday ..

Old Mar 22nd 2007, 7:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

SoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Big Pete
I know its a absolute joke !! Mine just came in this week £ 1850.00 and only me and Mrs BigPete live here , dont have kids at home , dont use the library or parks or anything !!

All they do for me is pick the rubbish up 1 time a week if we put it in our own bags and drop it down by the roadside before 7.00am on a Friday ..

Once every two weeks soon
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 7:56 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Rubbish is picked up every morning here, although they have changed the rules and you now have to put it in the bins after 20-00 hrs.
Although now they are putting in the hopper fed type that are below ground.
Also recycling bins and one for clothes for the charities.
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 8:00 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Rubbish is picked up every morning here, although they have changed the rules and you now have to put it in the bins after 20-00 hrs.
Although now they are putting in the hopper fed type that are below ground.
Also recycling bins and one for clothes for the charities.
Every day ..see they are so good in so many ways ,, and what a good idea the clothes for charities
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 8:06 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Every day ..see they are so good in so many ways ,, and what a good idea the clothes for charities
I had a sort out today, took up 4 bags of stuff I had not worn for a while ;-)
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 8:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
I had a sort out today, took up 4 bags of stuff I had not worn for a while ;-)
Finally realised that you will never be able to fit into them again, eh??
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 8:28 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by big wheels
Finally realised that you will never be able to fit into them again, eh??
I was forced by her indoors to have a sort out ;-)
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 8:35 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by jdr
I was forced by her indoors to have a sort out ;-)