Prune Juice

Old Mar 13th 2016, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

Cats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant future
Default Prune Juice

Does anyone know where I can buy prune juice from? I live in the Baza area of Granada but do travel occasionally to Mojacar, Granada itself and Murcia so hope someone can help on this one. Thank you.
Old Mar 13th 2016, 3:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prune Juice

I imagine you've tried your local health shops / herbolarios / herboristerías? The health shop Dinam in Granada lists it on its website, says it's out of stock but says everything is out of stock so maybe worth a try or at least a call.

If you have no luck locally there's an online shop here which sells it Bebida de Ciruela Rabenhorst and another one here Zumo de Pera Ecológico )I know it says Pera but the link really does take you to ciruela)

If all else fails the big supermarkets stock MinuteMaid which comes in a prune(mix) version. Might have too many additives if you're thinking healthy though.

Last edited by rachelk; Mar 13th 2016 at 3:27 pm.
Old Mar 15th 2016, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

Cats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant future

Thank you. It is for a friend who has digestive problems and thinks it may help so will pass the info on.
Old Mar 15th 2016, 7:37 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Om Goodness. Prunes and prune juice.

I well remember the adages of my old Mum. Keep you regular. Keep you clean.

Too many prunes can clear you out. No doubt about that but if there are bowel movement issues then what is needed is also roughage and plenty of it. Whole prunes are far far better.

Mind you a darn good clear out does help make one feel better. There is no doubt about that.

I do hope your pal finds some relief and I am not being flippant at all. Issues like this run in my family.
Old Mar 15th 2016, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Om Goodness. Prunes and prune juice.

I well remember the adages of my old Mum. Keep you regular. Keep you clean.

Too many prunes can clear you out. No doubt about that but if there are bowel movement issues then what is needed is also roughage and plenty of it. Whole prunes are far far better.

Mind you a darn good clear out does help make one feel better. There is no doubt about that.

I do hope your pal finds some relief and I am not being flippant at all. Issues like this run in my family.

Unfortunate pun in your last sentence Bev!
Old Mar 15th 2016, 11:52 am
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

The prune version of that probiotic yoghut is widely available in spanish supermarkets - i think some do their own label versions as well (I''m almost certain that Dia do). Activia, I think the branded one is called..

Miles cheaper than the juice.

Last edited by rachelk; Mar 15th 2016 at 11:56 am.
Old Mar 15th 2016, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

teejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rachelk
The prune version of that probiotic yoghut is widely available in spanish supermarkets - i think some do their own label versions as well (I''m almost certain that Dia do). Activia, I think the branded one is called..

Miles cheaper than the juice.
I used to drink a lot of this drinking yoghurt (not the prune flavour). I liked the taste and the consistency, but I then found there was a lot of sugar included . There may be "lite" versions available that have less sugar if anyone is concerned on keeping their sugar intake down.

I also used to buy whole pitted prunes. They are a bit sticky, but I really enjoyed the taste and believed they were helping my digestive tract to function better.
Old Mar 15th 2016, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by teejaydee
I used to drink a lot of this drinking yoghurt (not the prune flavour). I liked the taste and the consistency, but I then found there was a lot of sugar included . There may be "lite" versions available that have less sugar if anyone is concerned on keeping their sugar intake down..
Strangely enough I have often found the yoghurt (not drinking yogurt) available only in lite version, with sweeteners instead of sugar. I hate the taste of sweeteners. I think this was more the case in Chile than Spain but in any case. sugar or sweetener, they both contain prunes.

Also realise now it does come in drinking version, I didn't know that.
Old Mar 17th 2016, 12:00 pm
I believe.

Grebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud of

Suggest your friend have a look at buying a juicer machine & DIY. Then you know exactly what's in it.