Reload this Page >

Prpoperty Estate Agents

Prpoperty Estate Agents

Old Mar 15th 2005, 8:36 am
Just Joined

Robert@Eurosettlers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Prpoperty Estate Agents

Originally Posted by cidshock
Thanks for all youre help, I have been over to spain and decided around the area of Albox, we have seen plenty of resales which i am now focused on...
... I have just ben informed by a friend who has recently moved to spain that I will be unable to get a small spainsh mortgage as you only seem to be able to do this on a New build...

...Can anyone tell me if this is true regarding the resale mortgae.

Cid
Hello Cid.

I have recently joined British Expats.com and was looking through the site when I came across your posting. Please be cautious when buying a property in the Albox area. We help lots of clients to find homes in Spain and there are a high percentage of 'illegal builds' in this particular area. This even applies to new developments. My understanding is that the authorities in the area have overstepped their powers and are approving certain builds that are beyond their remit. This has to do with the quantity of approvals and the inability of the infrastructure to handle this density of new builds. If you do find somewhere there, make sure that you get a properly qualified Spanish solicitor (that speaks English) and make sure that you choose your own, not one put forward by the developer. We will be exhibiting at the West Country Property Exhibition in Bristol on the 7th & 8th May and would be pleased to see you and help in any way we can. Let me know if you are interested and I will provide more details.

Robert@Eurosettlers
Old Mar 18th 2005, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

englishmaninjavea is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: Prpoperty Estate Agents

Hello Cid and anyone wanting to purchase a property in the CB.

I am a estate agent in Javea, Costa Blanca, - people be wary of whom you deal with in spain - there are unscrupilous agencies around - it is best to ask around before dealing with an agent. Some agencies charge 10,20 or 25% commissions to the price you are buying your property for. If in doubt ask! they probably won´t tell the truth but it´s worth asking! Usual commission rate is 5%, although some agencies do charge 3% or lower on exclusive properties.

The commission rate is high due to the fact that the properties are advertised alot here and in the UK, the paper work involved, the price some companies pay for exhibitions and usually agencies share the commission with another agency.

Yes, you do find alot of properties are banded around the different agencies, check the price around locally before purchasing.

I was once looking for an agency to whom I could deal with in Javea and was told by a fellow agent with 12 years local experience that he could not recommend anyone! he said I would have to find out for myself!

However there are good agencies around, in my experience they are family owned local agents, the bigger agencies have a bad name and word soon gets around.

Dont be afraid to ask locally as to who are the good agents and the cowboys, the local expats are friendly, and word gets around about the dodgy agents, the local expats can give you help and advise.

Please feel free to e-mail me, if you require any help or advise about purchasing a property in this area.

englishmaninjavea
[email protected]

I have recently joined British Expats.com and was looking through the site when I came across your posting. Please be cautious when buying a property in the Albox area. We help lots of clients to find homes in Spain and there are a high percentage of 'illegal builds' in this particular area. This even applies to new developments. My understanding is that the authorities in the area have overstepped their powers and are approving certain builds that are beyond their remit. This has to do with the quantity of approvals and the inability of the infrastructure to handle this density of new builds. If you do find somewhere there, make sure that you get a properly qualified Spanish solicitor (that speaks English) and make sure that you choose your own, not one put forward by the developer. We will be exhibiting at the West Country Property Exhibition in Bristol on the 7th & 8th May and would be pleased to see you and help in any way we can. Let me know if you are interested and I will provide more details.

Robert@Eurosettlers [/QUOTE]
Old Mar 18th 2005, 11:08 pm
mr cid

cidshock is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Prpoperty Estate Agents

thanks for your post

simon
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 9:43 am
Mortgage Wizard

Gill Stevens is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Robert@Eurosettlers
Hello Cid.

Robert@Eurosettlers
My brother in law lives in Mojacar (Almeria) and looked at properties in Allbox and surrounding areas. We were going to look in those areas as there were detached villas for much less than other areas in Mojacar until he warned us off. He put a deposit down on a property and then found out a few worrying things and pulled out of the purchase and lost of deposit. I cannot remember what he told us, but it was along the lines that there was no permission for the roads they wish to build to get to the developments and I also heard from an agent here that a lot of the people in those inland Almeria areas had not received what they were promised from the builder and lots of people were still waiting for their deeds. I also heard when we were looking in Costa Blanca last September from various agents that there are court cases going on.
Old Mar 30th 2005, 11:28 am
Just Joined

Cal Salter is an unknown quantity at this point

[FONT=Arial]undefined[/FONTHi I just thought I would let you know that myself and my husband run our own estate agency here in the costa blanca and it is possible to obtain a mortgage for a resale property. Banks do not like to give mortgages on New Builds, as yet it is not possible to obtain a 100% mortgage very easily. i hope this helps you some. Caroline from www.elitevillas.net]
Originally Posted by cidshock
Thanks for all youre help, I have been over to spain and decided around the area of Albox, we have seen plenty of resales which i am now focused on.
fell in love with one place it was just what we wanted but was sold. The main thing is we have found the area in which we want to live.
I contactacted various people including banks etc and for got to ask, one thing. I have just ben informed by a friend who has recently moved to spain that I will be unable to get a small spainsh mortgage as you only seem to be able to do this on a New build. My wife will be living there permanently with out two girls and I will be commuting back and forth being lucky enough to to work three days and four off, so there will be a constant income.
Im looking to put down around 60,000 and 40,000 on a mortgage.
Can anyone tell me if this is true regarding the resale mortgae.

Many Thanks in advance

Cid
Old Mar 30th 2005, 5:22 pm
mr cid

Thanks for youre reply,

we are looking at getting a 30-40% mortgage on the property using a bank, would that be ok for a new build also.

cid
Old Mar 30th 2005, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

svenskidoo is an unknown quantity at this point

You should have no problem getting a 30-40% mortgage on a new build providing you meet the banks lending criteria and the bank is satisfied with the development and builder.

Best thing to do is establish a relationship with a bank, then talk to them about what you want.
Old Apr 1st 2005, 10:37 am
mr cid

thankyou for the post.

simon
Old Apr 19th 2005, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

phantom phixer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dougie V
if going for a "off plan" option as in new build, The commisions are then paid by the builder and the price should be the same with all the agents. But be aware that some new builds run months and months behind schedule (also in some cases i have seen the design change), and you should get something writen into the contract to compensate you if this happens, speak about this with your lawyer.
Very true Dougie, I am having a place built in the Costa De La Luz and it is already nearly a year behind shedule and no offer of compensation at all from the builder or British estate agent I am dealing with. With hindsight I wish I had employed a solicitor from day one. So if anyone is thinking of buying off plan get yourself a good solicitor and make sure he/she puts a late completion penalty clause into your contract. If it goes behind shedule you may get up to 30 euros for every day it is late.