Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Recommend Abogados & Gestores in Granada province?

Recommend Abogados & Gestores in Granada province?

Old Apr 8th 2005, 9:25 am
Just Joined

grenadine99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Recommend Abogados & Gestores in Granada province?

Sorry to post another question again so soon, but would anyone be able to recommend any good abogados and gestores near Costa Tropical / Granada who they've had good personal experiences with?

I'm very wary of getting recommendations from property agents and apart from the smallish list from the consulate, it'd be good to get some personal recommendations.

Many thanks in advance,

Chris
Old Apr 13th 2005, 9:53 am
Just Joined

Robert@Eurosettlers is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Recommend Abogados & Gestores in Granada province?

Originally Posted by grenadine99
Sorry to post another question again so soon, but would anyone be able to recommend any good abogados and gestores near Costa Tropical / Granada who they've had good personal experiences with?

I'm very wary of getting recommendations from property agents and apart from the smallish list from the consulate, it'd be good to get some personal recommendations.

Many thanks in advance,

Chris
Hello Chris

I can't promise you anything but would you like me to ask our researchers for you? We/they are independent and it won't cost you anything!

Robert
Old Apr 13th 2005, 12:03 pm
Just Joined

grenadine99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Recommend Abogados & Gestores in Granada province?

Hi Robert,

yes that would be great!

Many thanks,

Chris
Old Apr 19th 2005, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

bluebell is an unknown quantity at this point

Whatever you do, be careful, my Abogados is in the Granada area, and I've had huge problems with them, including a debt on the house I purchased. The main reason I employed them was to search for debts or hidden charges !
Not only that, but they never answer e-mails, never phone back & are in fact a waste of space !!
Old Apr 19th 2005, 4:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

I would give the lawyers a wide berth and use a good translator who knows his or her way around the legal process for purchasing a property in conjunction with a gestor to help with paperwork and taxes etc.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

bluebell is an unknown quantity at this point

What exactly is a 'Gestor' ? How do their services differ from a lawyer & how could I find a good one.

What taxes does a non-resident house owner in Spain have to pay. One of my neighbours reckons he only pays IBI/community fees after being in Spain for 2.1/2 years. Does this sound right, I thought we had to pay wealth tax etc.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 4:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

A gestor is someone who deals with paperwork and taxes etc.

Even now many older Spaniards do not have the capacity to read and write and it is to a gestor that they turn to handle their documentation.

Their fees are a fraction of those charged by a lawyer and they are generally far more thorough and efficient although they do have their limitations.

You are quite correct in assuming that you have to pay wealth tax as a non-resident and also a notional income tax on the ownership of a property.

If you only have one property you can do this yourself on form 214. There is some information on this subject contained in this thread:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=257922