property tax

Old Aug 17th 2009, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

londonxfm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default property tax

does anyone know what tax there is to pay on a property I sell?,before I can take the money to the uk,
Old Aug 17th 2009, 9:33 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: property tax

Originally Posted by londonxfm
does anyone know what tax there is to pay on a property I sell?,before I can take the money to the uk,
What are your circumstances?
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

owned the property 3 years,not used it much, was looking to sell it,in Benalmadena,currently rented out,bit unsure whether to sit on it,(bought it for my old age etc,)or get rid and retire in Eastbourne....would there be any sales tax?,
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 9:29 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by londonxfm
owned the property 3 years,not used it much, was looking to sell it,in Benalmadena,currently rented out,bit unsure whether to sit on it,(bought it for my old age etc,)or get rid and retire in Eastbourne....would there be any sales tax?,
CGT
When you go to the notary they will withhold, iirc 3% of the property value. I think CGT is 18% of the gain .... if the 18% is less than the three percent then you get refunded eventually. Fred usually knows all the details, I'm sure he will comment accurately.
Of course you will also have to pay agentsb fees, notary etc

You picked a tough time to sell.

Forgot to ask, are you over retirement age?
Old Aug 24th 2009, 6:48 am
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

and plus valia tax of course
Old Aug 26th 2009, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

Plus valia?,dare I ask what percentage is that?....cgt ?is that 18% on the profit?as in if I paid 250 and sold for 350 I would pay 18% of 100k?
Old Aug 27th 2009, 6:46 am
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

Plus valia is a municipal tax that varies from town to town so the only way to find out is to ask at the town hall.