Reload this Page >

Property prices Jaen?

Property prices Jaen?

Old Aug 31st 2015, 10:48 am
Just Joined

Playford is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Property prices Jaen?

Hi,

I have been Costa de Luz direction for the past number of years, but prices online for houses in Jaen seem very attractive, is this actually the case?

A town house needing a refurb for 10,000 euro?

I've seen Cortijo/Cave houses with mains water for 13,000 euro (I'm talking restoration/modernisation projects, but structurally fine with water and possibility of mains electric (I'd be happy to go solar), no ruins/fincas.

I've dealt with the hell that is spainish planning law for the past few years, so I'd rather start with something a few years behind it, four walls and a roof and no need for extensions, mains water as well. lol.

I'm not after a holiday let, more a long term place for myself and friends and family to visit.

I see plenty of Martos locals on here so hopefully someone can fill me in.
Old Aug 31st 2015, 11:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Property prices Jaen?

Originally Posted by Playford
Hi,

I have been Costa de Luz direction for the past number of years, but prices online for houses in Jaen seem very attractive, is this actually the case?

A town house needing a refurb for 10,000 euro?

I've seen Cortijo/Cave houses with mains water for 13,000 euro (I'm talking restoration/modernisation projects, but structurally fine with water and possibility of mains electric (I'd be happy to go solar), no ruins/fincas.

I've dealt with the hell that is spainish planning law for the past few years, so I'd rather start with something a few years behind it, four walls and a roof and no need for extensions, mains water as well. lol.

I'm not after a holiday let, more a long term place for myself and friends and family to visit.

I see plenty of Martos locals on here so hopefully someone can fill me in.
That area will always be cheap, because Spanish people need to leave for work and foreign buyers want to be close to the coast. Not everything that is cheap will be a bargain, but as long as you use an experienced architect/solicitor you'll know what you are getting. In general planning is a lot stricter in rural areas and even solar panels aren't always allowed. In our area planning is a lot more easy going, but I'm sure others can help you.
Old Sep 1st 2015, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Mark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Property prices Jaen?

When we started looking for a place we looked towards the coast but after weighing up what we were getting for the sale price we moved our focus further and further inland as we realised it wasn't so important for us to live close to the sea.
Eventually, and after many house viewings, we settled on a place not far from Martos/Alcaudete that we could renovate. We found that the prices here were a hell of a lot more favourable than further south.

With the usual care concerning the legal side of things and looking closely at the state of the property there are many bargains to be found around here and it is a good place to live. Cordoba and Granada are just over an hour away, Jaen just over half an hour and I can be down at Malaga airport in about an hour and forty five at the most.

However, if you've seen a town house for 10,000 but needs refurb then I'd expect a 'refurb' is an underestimate. More like virtually a complete renovation unless shortcuts are made.