Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Property price utility

Property price utility

Old Jul 4th 2011, 10:55 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Property price utility

http://www.elmundo.es/suvivienda/sv/tasaciones/

It gives the average price per square metre. So for example

Valencia
New: 1536 Euros per square metre
Older: 1344 Euros per square metre

Teruel
New: 1206 Euros per square metre
Older: 795 Euros per square metre

Madrid
New: 2387 Euros per square metre
Older: 2535 Euros per square metre

Granada:
New: 1463 Euros per square metre
Older: 1291 Euros per square metre

If you click on a province, it will then give a further breakdown by zone.

Hope this is of use to someone.
Old Jul 4th 2011, 12:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Property price utility

Sorry if I'm being a bit thick Stevie but exactly what is this telling me.

Price / sq mtr of build, is it relevant to a flat ?

What about a house and garden ?

Or a house with garden and separate outbuildings ?

I live in a street where all houses are different and I have put a resale price on my property. There is a another property in the street for sale whose specification is very similar to mine ( build size , plot size, bedrooms & bathrooms etc. ) however the asking price is double mine.
Old Jul 4th 2011, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

Mama_Carol is an unknown quantity at this point

I also don't see how this means anything.

Our townhouse comes out at about 100,000 Euros more than we have it on the market for. Even at the current price we are finding it impossible to sell.

Any property is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it.
Old Jul 4th 2011, 2:38 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Sorry if I'm being a bit thick Stevie but exactly what is this telling me.

Price / sq mtr of build, is it relevant to a flat ?

What about a house and garden ?

Or a house with garden and separate outbuildings ?

I live in a street where all houses are different and I have put a resale price on my property. There is a another property in the street for sale whose specification is very similar to mine ( build size , plot size, bedrooms & bathrooms etc. ) however the asking price is double mine.
I take it to be the standard continental way of sizing a property - look at the square meterage. That way, minute rooms or multi-floors don't distort the area of living space you're getting (or not getting!)
Of course the figures are only a rough average of homes sold, so can't be applied to individual buildings. That obviously depends on other factors like traffic, schools, state of your building etc. It's more so you can get a feel of how cheaper or more expensive a province (or post code area within that province) is, compared to others.
Old Jul 5th 2011, 12:29 am
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

It only gives the postcodes for major towns, so it's not much use for those of use that live away from such places!
Old Jul 7th 2011, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

kazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nice

Today I read following comment and I wonder if this is true:

When our ongoing expenses reached close to £4000 p.a for our Spanish apartment, plus the vicious Bank of Valencia refusing my approach for an 'interest only' period of mortgage payments, I drove down to Spain, removed all MY furniture and so on, and gave them the keys back. I didn't waste any of the £10,000 or so required for the formal 'dacion el pago' tripe which meant yet more insane, costly bureaucracy. Spanish bank branches have BUCKETSFUL of keys to returned properties and are clearly desperate to recover whatever they can. However it seems that , due to the massively pumped up purchase prices just a few years ago, they are having great difficulty finding new buyers to take on properties, particularly those with high 'Communidad' charges. Recently, a tranche of newly 'dreamed up' additional charges have hit the doormat, -an 'Entity' charge, plus a super new 'Council tax', and they are now thinking of a cold-blood tax, based on one's income in UK! This is without mentioning the stratospheric gas, water and power, costs every month! SO, instead of buying into the UTTER nightmare of Spanish property with its attendant wealth destroying costs, just go anywhere warm each year and stay in 5 star hotel,- it will cost far less money. There is absolutely NO WAY you will get increased rental income just by asking/charging more! If you get a full 3 months p.a. letting income, that's usually about it, and, to achieve that you will need to have spent a PILE on advertising. On top of that the risible euro has the 'on the ground' purchasing power of about 55p, not the 90p+ we have to pay for one! Much of this will apply in Portugal and Italy I suspect