British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Proof of income for residency (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/proof-income-residency-757881/)

Fred James May 23rd 2012 4:11 am

Re: Proof of income for residency

Can we please get back on topic as this is an important thread due to the uncertainty about the new legislation.

Please start another thread if you want to discuss mobile phone offerings and I will move the relevant posts over to it.

Thanks.

Edit - I have moved the phone posts to a new thread started by White Linen

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=759306

sujee May 28th 2012 2:15 am

This morning OH and myself went with our gestor to the get our residencia (first timers) in Malaga. We went in at 10 am and came out with them at 10.10 am. We were not asked for proof of income, padron or health insurance.

Our gestor did choose to go to a certain desk where she knew the woman was helpful and not officious. She asked her about the new law and was told that they are not applying it to EU citizens in Malaga.

All in all a very efficient and pleasant experience.:thumbsup:

SueG May 28th 2012 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by sujee (Post 10086552)
This morning OH and myself went with our gestor to the get our residencia (first timers) in Malaga. We went in at 10 am and came out with them at 10.10 am. We were not asked for proof of income, padron or health insurance.

Our gestor did choose to go to a certain desk where she knew the woman was helpful and not officious. She asked her about the new law and was told that they are not applying it to EU citizens in Malaga.

All in all a very efficient and pleasant experience.:thumbsup:

Says it all!!!!!!!!!:lol:

We have just taken down clients to Benidorm for residencia - with proof of income via a signed and stamped certificate from them Bank and plenty of money in their bank account - turned away because they wanted S1 from Newcastle:frown:

avocados May 28th 2012 10:02 pm

Just had a call from OH. He had to reject someone in his office (INSS), due to the police station (where I got my green cert last week without issue) would not renew a person's documentation without proof of income, etc.

I have no idea what the person was renewing but it looks like my OH will be dealing with a lot of confused and irate foreigners over the next few months, as the new rules are enforced.

Interesting times.

Chiclanagir May 28th 2012 11:05 pm

Getting more and more confused. Nothing from the British Consulate to clarify the rules.:confused:

Domino May 29th 2012 12:40 am

Originally Posted by avocados (Post 10088236)
Just had a call from OH. He had to reject someone in his office (INSS), due to the police station (where I got my green cert last week without issue) would not renew a person's documentation without proof of income, etc.

I have no idea what the person was renewing but it looks like my OH will be dealing with a lot of confused and irate foreigners over the next few months, as the new rules are enforced.

Interesting times.

sounds like it may be profittable for those who will make a charge for "steering it through for you".

it is things like this that give Spain a bad name, next thing you know it will be on the front page of the Daily Whinge, then I suppose the Eu will have to poke their pencil in and stir it a bit as well.

good job I got all mine done in a single week in january.
:thumbsup:

avocados May 29th 2012 2:28 am

The rules (from a health perspective) have arrived at the office, too many changes to digest with more holes than a swiss cheese.

Non-Europeans are going to have a tough time. Spanish citizens will also have a lot of change.

But, the new rules are being treated as very very provisional. In other words, they're going to see what happens and make adjustments where necessary.

The deadline is end of August for a final solution.

So, IMO if anyone has issues, just go to the relevant office and ask, because anything that is picked up from well meaning foro will not necessarily be correct.

The big challenge will be ascertain how the 3 layers of governance (State, Autonomous Region, Town Hall) will interpret the rules.

Chiclanagir May 29th 2012 4:43 am

Originally Posted by avocados (Post 10088706)
The rules (from a health perspective) have arrived at the office, too many changes to digest with more holes than a swiss cheese.

Non-Europeans are going to have a tough time. Spanish citizens will also have a lot of change.

But, the new rules are being treated as very very provisional. In other words, they're going to see what happens and make adjustments where necessary.

The deadline is end of August for a final solution.

So, IMO if anyone has issues, just go to the relevant office and ask, because anything that is picked up from well meaning foro will not necessarily be correct.

The big challenge will be ascertain how the 3 layers of governance (State, Autonomous Region, Town Hall) will interpret the rules.

Can you clarify at all what the new rules will be.

jackytoo May 29th 2012 9:09 pm

After reading this thread it seems to me as they will revert back to the restrictions they had in the mid-nineties. When I first got residencia about 1996 we had to take a folder of stuff including marriage certificate, bank statements and any other proof of income, medical insurance certificate. Some of the documents had to be translated by a certified translator who could put the Junta stamp on.

It was easier for pensioners though.

tommy.irene Jun 5th 2012 1:33 am

The Police want proof of income for residency in Gran Canaria.. now

tommy.irene Jun 12th 2012 3:52 am

Is there anymore up date on this topic? :thumbsup:

lynnxa Jun 12th 2012 4:17 am

Originally Posted by tommy.irene (Post 10114849)
Is there anymore up date on this topic? :thumbsup:

SueG posted on FB today that Benidorm has accepted an S1 & proof of pension payment for a residency cert

Fred James Jun 12th 2012 4:37 am

Originally Posted by lynnxa (Post 10114896)
SueG posted on FB today that Benidorm has accepted an S1 & proof of pension payment for a residency cert

I never had any doubts that they would be acceptable.

The really interesting question is what they will require if you aren't a pensioner.

tommy.irene Jun 12th 2012 4:58 am

Originally Posted by tommy.irene (Post 10101165)
The Police want proof of income for residency in Gran Canaria.. now

We still dont know what is happening and i will keep posting on this thread with updates..

lynnxa Jun 12th 2012 6:25 am

Originally Posted by Fred James (Post 10114929)
I never had any doubts that they would be acceptable.

The really interesting question is what they will require if you aren't a pensioner.

on the same FB group this morning someone had made an appointment for next week & was told she needed the vida laboral............ so that's OK obviously if you are working here

it's the early retired who might have problems IMO - do considerable savings count or will they have to set something up to show a regular income/payment ?

time will tell .................