Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Promote your part of Spain!

Promote your part of Spain!

Old Sep 3rd 2007, 4:33 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Promote your part of Spain!

Originally Posted by featherbum
Hola Brisca!!!

Just got back from Spain actually!!! It was SOOO lovely to be there, even tho the weather was atrocious but that didnt matter, i was just pleased to be home!!
And the big news is my OH has finally agreed (happily, that was my main concern, that i was forcing him) to move back to Spain!! He is really keen now, i am so lucky and happy!!
We have given ourselves one year for the big move.... see how we get on!! we might start off somewhere a bit more affordable/with more jobs than SS until his spanish is up to scratch... but i am extremly happy about that too, will keep you posted!!

As for the wedding.. i think Spain is winning too, found some lovely places with views of the bay and they all cost HALF of what a wedding would cost in the uk!!
We are hoping to decide and book the venue within the next 2 weeks!!

xxxx Featherbum in a happier mood.
Fantastic how is the teaching thing doing
So glad about the wedding thought it would be better
tell me about it all
Sharon
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 4:57 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

Brisca this is good just googled or town Bornos there are lots
here is some
Our house is in the stuff from the Junta
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS-tH5KxM0s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EydEp3c9Jqg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcHPEV37bnI

How do i post the vidio
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 5:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anabella
Excellent videos anabella Thank you!

Leon looks like a really big place, and definitely worth a visit.
I love all the old buildings, although some of the more modern ones left me a bit cold!
I thought the music in that video was great too.

I didn't realise there was so much in Valladolid!
When I travelled through it briefly, it just struck me how much traffic there was, and that I'd never find my way around

I imagine Solihull was a bit of a culture shock after leaving these places, wasn't it!?
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 5:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Canguro
I think he broke his arm trying to do the traditional stilt dancing they do at the fiestas of Anguciana? Will have to check it again to see.
Ah, well that was only a quick bit of footage, so I can forgive myself for missing it then!

I'll have to have another look sometime too.
Are there any other "episodes" like that one, do you know?
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 5:40 pm
Eve
BE Enthusiast

Eve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud of

Hi all, at risk of no one speaking to me anymore I feel that this is part of andalucia!! Sorry folks, have just found more vids on youtube, may post some after dinner

Luv Eve
xx
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 5:41 pm
Eve
BE Enthusiast

Eve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud of

oh bums, it didn't link.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 5:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hola Brisca!!!

Just got back from Spain actually!!! It was SOOO lovely to be there, even tho the weather was atrocious but that didnt matter, i was just pleased to be home!!
And the big news is my OH has finally agreed (happily, that was my main concern, that i was forcing him) to move back to Spain!! He is really keen now, i am so lucky and happy!!
We have given ourselves one year for the big move.... see how we get on!! we might start off somewhere a bit more affordable/with more jobs than SS until his spanish is up to scratch... but i am extremly happy about that too, will keep you posted!!

As for the wedding.. i think Spain is winning too, found some lovely places with views of the bay and they all cost HALF of what a wedding would cost in the uk!!
We are hoping to decide and book the venue within the next 2 weeks!!

xxxx Featherbum in a happier mood.

Hola featherbum y muchas felicidades

It's great to hear all your wonderful news, and to know that you are feeling so much happier.

It all sounds like everything is coming together brilliantly for you and your O/H

I'm glad you had a lovely time back in Spain too.
Shame about the weather though (it's been lovely here!! )

I know you said you were planning your move back over for about a year's time. Does that mean you're not getting married imminently; or just that you'll start married life in the UK?

Anyway, wishing you and your O/H every happiness with all your plans and preparations.
Do keep us posted, won't you? We like happy events on BE!

All the very best to you,
Sam.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 5:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bigbhudda69
Hang on to your seats for this high speed visit to Malaga's Pueblo Blanco's.........

http://youtube.com/watch?v=O47WBpdbr58

Not the best quality but you get the idea..
Crumbs BB - you weren't joking when you said it was high speed, were you!?

It was like one of those psychometric tests, where they flash a scene at you for a brief moment, and then test you later on what you recall seeing!!
(Still, I suppose you're used to various sorts of tests, eh? )

Seriously, I thought it was very clever how they'd found images of just about every pueblo that was mentioned in the song!
It was particularly nice to see so many names of places that I recognised from the forum, with people saying where they live and so on

Can't say the music did all that much for me although it did improve towards the end!

I wonder if Jean caught the 2 glimpses of Torrox?
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 6:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Eve

Cheers Bigbbhudda,
that was brill, i don't need to put anything on now!!
Do you think a small video of the bullfight in canillas would be ok!
XXXX
NOoooooooooooooooooo!!
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 6:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by gallerie9
Brisca this is good just googled or town Bornos there are lots
here is some
Our house is in the stuff from the Junta
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS-tH5KxM0s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EydEp3c9Jqg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcHPEV37bnI

How do i post the vidio
Hi Sharon

Am just about to watch your video clips shortly (have to take the dog out first!)

I'm really sorry, but I can't remember how to post videos!
(Hence why I've only got links to my clip!)

I have a feeling you have to open the page on You-Tube, and then you click one of the funny looking symbols in the grey part of the box, above where you compose your message (but don't quote me!)
I think it might be the oval black thing with a red cross through it.................but what do I know

Perhaps one of the clever people who know how to post a video, might be able to help us "blondes" out!!
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 6:37 pm
Eve
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by brisca
NOoooooooooooooooooo!!
Must be your lucky day as my bullfight vid didn't link, must have done something wrong, you wouldn't think I work in IT.
Anyway won't put it on if you feel that strongly but it is spanish culture!! It was one of the clips I took, a nice one, no dead bullies in it!!

I will add a nice gentle one just for you!!!!
Luv Eve
xx
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 6:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

featherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond repute

Hola featherbum y muchas felicidades

It's great to hear all your wonderful news, and to know that you are feeling so much happier.

It all sounds like everything is coming together brilliantly for you and your O/H

I'm glad you had a lovely time back in Spain too.
Shame about the weather though (it's been lovely here!! )

I know you said you were planning your move back over for about a year's time. Does that mean you're not getting married imminently; or just that you'll start married life in the UK?

Anyway, wishing you and your O/H every happiness with all your plans and preparations.
Do keep us posted, won't you? We like happy events on BE!

All the very best to you,
Sam.

Hola!!

Well its all a bit up in the air at the moment with dates and stuff- our wedding will be august 2008 (havent booked yet but we are between 2 great restaurants with lovely views) so thats in a years time too!
I mean, the GREAT move could happen before or after, but we have given ourselves the year deadline to keep motivated and have something to aim at.

We are currently looking at jobs where my OH could work using more english than spanish (currently doing lessons with me as the teacher ) and we are trying to keep him in his field (mortgages / sales) so so far the most opportunities seem to be in Costa del Sol!

The plan is to move as soon as we have a job to go to and in a few years time, once his spanish is fluent, try to go back home to the north. (unless we fall in love with the south huh! )

The tears seem to have stopped since we are actively looking! Just so glad he finally wants to make this move!! This last trip seemed to do the trick! He is even the one saying we should get married in Spain!

Will keep you posted!!! Or if anoyne sees a lovely job for him let us know!!!

xxxx featherbum, who shall be spanish again soon
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 6:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

featherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gallerie9
Fantastic how is the teaching thing doing
So glad about the wedding thought it would be better
tell me about it all
Sharon
The teaching thing is going terrible they are all blowing me out!! Still 2 unis to go... but if they all blow me out i have a plan B- i am gonna do a CELTA so i can teach english, and also some extra web design classes to tie in with my degree.

The wedding.... well now my OH is the one saying 'lets do it in Spain' how things change hey! haha!!
Found 2 lovely places, so much cheaper, amazing food, and half the price!

Just hope ppl will make the effort and turn up- if not all of you BE's better join us at our big day fill all the empty seats

Now we just seem to spend ages researching jobs/areas as i am clueless about southern spain so i shall ask you all loads of questions (please be patient with me )
Wish we could go straight to SAn Sebastian but at £400k per flat and rich's spanish beign a tad, errrr, rusty, south here we come for now!

ps- sorry for kidnapping the thread or however you say that!!
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 7:18 pm
this is me

The teaching thing is going terrible they are all blowing me out!! Still 2 unis to go... but if they all blow me out i have a plan B- i am gonna do a CELTA so i can teach english, and also some extra web design classes to tie in with my degree.

The wedding.... well now my OH is the one saying 'lets do it in Spain' how things change hey! haha!!
Found 2 lovely places, so much cheaper, amazing food, and half the price!

Just hope ppl will make the effort and turn up- if not all of you BE's better join us at our big day fill all the empty seats

Now we just seem to spend ages researching jobs/areas as i am clueless about southern spain so i shall ask you all loads of questions (please be patient with me )
Wish we could go straight to SAn Sebastian but at £400k per flat and rich's spanish beign a tad, errrr, rusty, south here we come for now!

ps- sorry for kidnapping the thread or however you say that!!
Look at GIb . A friend of mine in the village has an interview there next week fantastic money she works in finance you can live in Spain Our end that is and work in Gib
You would get a job designing i have seen lots of jobs advertised
The wedding plans sound fantastic we have at least 3 each weekend in the village they all come to have the pics took in the garden infront of our house
Its a Medichi garden from the 14th century very lovely and medival and all around come and have the pics taken even if they dont get married in our church
Good luck and it is there loss the teaching thing that is
Sharon
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 7:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

Crumbs BB - you weren't joking when you said it was high speed, were you!?

It was like one of those psychometric tests, where they flash a scene at you for a brief moment, and then test you later on what you recall seeing!!
(Still, I suppose you're used to various sorts of tests, eh? )

Seriously, I thought it was very clever how they'd found images of just about every pueblo that was mentioned in the song!
It was particularly nice to see so many names of places that I recognised from the forum, with people saying where they live and so on

Can't say the music did all that much for me although it did improve towards the end!

I wonder if Jean caught the 2 glimpses of Torrox?
Sam..you know us men..we speed up as we get older... they certainly crammed it in and I agree the music was not brilliant..you think you would be spoilt for choice with vids but I looked for ages..will see what else I can find..did you see the image of me in my latex posing thong in amongst the flash images...I thought it showed my best side..don't you agree...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.