Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Promote your part of Spain!

Promote your part of Spain!

Old Sep 3rd 2007, 12:33 am
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute
Default Promote your part of Spain!

Hi all

How about we post music / photo / poetry videos from all the different regions of Spain that we live in; so that we can all share the diversity?

I found this on You-Tube:

http://www.youtube.com:80/watch?v=wZecxBiUPQc

Last edited by brisca; Sep 3rd 2007 at 12:35 am.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 7:00 am
The Best Fed Scot

Lochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Promote your part of Spain!

You have to guess where this is...!

Nothing much changed since this was made...

Old Sep 3rd 2007, 8:46 am
Just Joined

Canguro is an unknown quantity at this point

Lochy, the Orson Welles archive was very interesting, and you are right, not much has changed!

The typical operatic version for the tourist board gets annoying after 30secs though. Nice images.
--------
Here, try my adopted province's attempt at mixing a tourist brochure with a telenovela. It sorta works... :/

The cut-down version:

Something a bit more documental:

Old Sep 3rd 2007, 9:40 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

The Orson Welles clip was interesting...........

Just a pity some of them have to kill for that independence eh?
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 1:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

[Here, try my adopted province's attempt at mixing a tourist brochure with a telenovela. It sorta works... :/]

I really enjoyed that! Thanks, Canguro

I must admit, I had to watch it twice to make sure I knew who was who
It was sad and funny all at the same time.
Just one thing though.................why did the guy who was trying to rescue his marriage, have his arm in a sling in the bedroom scene??
Did I miss something? I didn't notice he had a problem with his arm beforehand!
Perhaps it was all that Rioja, eh

I liked the documentary style clip too.
I think it's great to share info about the different regions - thanks for joining in
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 1:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wow Lochy!

I hadn't ever considered visiting the north coast, because when we drove down past Bilbao and similar places, we weren't too impressed.
However, I take it all back now..................Donostia / San Sebastian looks well worth a visit

I agree that the opera music was horribly distracting, but the images were fab!

Thanks for that
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hey featherbum..........................I bet Lochy's video clip really pulled at your heart strings, didn't it!?

Have you managed to visit San Sebastian this summer at all?

How are the wedding plans coming along??
What did you decide on in the end?

All good wishes,
Sam.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Is there anyone in Asturias or Galicia that can add clips on here please?
They're two places that are definitely on my list to visit one of these days

Of course, I could search You-Tube myself......................but it would be nice if others could see your regions too.

How about a place called Elorrio?
Any footage from there?
Loads of people who spend the summer in our village come from there, and say it's beautiful.
Anyone know anything about it?
It's near Bilbao.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 2:51 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

This is Leon ..

and Valladolid..

Last edited by anabella; Sep 3rd 2007 at 2:54 pm.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 2:55 pm
Just Joined

Canguro is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by brisca
Just one thing though.................why did the guy who was trying to rescue his marriage, have his arm in a sling in the bedroom scene??
I think he broke his arm trying to do the traditional stilt dancing they do at the fiestas of Anguciana? Will have to check it again to see.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

featherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brisca
Hey featherbum..........................I bet Lochy's video clip really pulled at your heart strings, didn't it!?

Have you managed to visit San Sebastian this summer at all?

How are the wedding plans coming along??
What did you decide on in the end?

All good wishes,
Sam.
Hola Brisca!!!

Just got back from Spain actually!!! It was SOOO lovely to be there, even tho the weather was atrocious but that didnt matter, i was just pleased to be home!!
And the big news is my OH has finally agreed (happily, that was my main concern, that i was forcing him) to move back to Spain!! He is really keen now, i am so lucky and happy!!
We have given ourselves one year for the big move.... see how we get on!! we might start off somewhere a bit more affordable/with more jobs than SS until his spanish is up to scratch... but i am extremly happy about that too, will keep you posted!!

As for the wedding.. i think Spain is winning too, found some lovely places with views of the bay and they all cost HALF of what a wedding would cost in the uk!!
We are hoping to decide and book the venue within the next 2 weeks!!

xxxx Featherbum in a happier mood.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 3:56 pm
Eve
BE Enthusiast

Eve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud of

Really pleased for you, wish you loads of luck!
Luv Eve
xx
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

Hang on to your seats for this high speed visit to Malaga's Pueblo Blanco's.........

Not the best quality but you get the idea..
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 4:12 pm
Eve
BE Enthusiast

Eve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud of

Cheers Bigbbhudda,
that was brill, i don't need to put anything on now!!
Do you think a small video of the bullfight in canillas would be ok!
XXXX
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 4:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eve

Cheers Bigbbhudda,
that was brill, i don't need to put anything on now!!
Do you think a small video of the bullfight in canillas would be ok!
XXXX

Ask the Veggies.......pass the horseradish..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.