Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Priors - Solved!

Priors - Solved!

Old Jul 8th 2009, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

Pavlo has a brilliant futurePavlo has a brilliant futurePavlo has a brilliant futurePavlo has a brilliant futurePavlo has a brilliant futurePavlo has a brilliant futurePavlo has a brilliant future
Default Re: Priors - Solved!

Originally Posted by lynnxa
supposedly - again

doesn't mean Valencia will conform though.............
Well.......we know this is Spain we're talking about, but even so I
don't know how they can get away with it. Why should Valencia
region not comply with a law which the rest of Spain is now
(hopefully) complying with ??
I know there's no definative answer to lots of these legal questions,
but it's so irritating !!
Old Jul 8th 2009, 8:42 am
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Pavlo
Well.......we know this is Spain we're talking about, but even so I
don't know how they can get away with it. Why should Valencia
region not comply with a law which the rest of Spain is now
(hopefully) complying with ??
I know there's no definative answer to lots of these legal questions,
but it's so irritating !!

Pavlo, the OP was specifically talking about ANDALUCIA and not Valencia.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 8:43 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whitelinen
Pavlo, the OP was specifically talking about ANDALUCIA and not Valencia.
but the LRAU law is the same all over spain
Old Jul 8th 2009, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lynnxa
but the LRAU law is the same all over spain

I am not so sure that it is and am sure I read somewhere that it does not exist in Andalucia, however, I also dont recall reading anything that would suggest that it it still going on in Valencia.

I have always thought that it was perfectly safe to buy property on an urbanisation as it is not possible urbanise an urbanisation.

And in case I have to qualify my statement/opinion I am specifically talking about a LEGAL urbanisation not a bunch of houses in the campo that some pretentious (usually English) people call an urbanisation.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 9:19 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

I always thought that this place was a discussion forum, a place to discuss issues etc.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 9:28 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whitelinen
I am not so sure that it is and am sure I read somewhere that it does not exist in Andalucia, however, I also dont recall reading anything that would suggest that it it still going on in Valencia.

I have always thought that it was perfectly safe to buy property on an urbanisation as it is not possible urbanise an urbanisation.

And in case I have to qualify my statement/opinion I am specifically talking about a LEGAL urbanisation not a bunch of houses in the campo that some pretentious (usually English) people call an urbanisation.
I know people who have a legal house on a well-established (over 30 years) urb who were land-grabbed

the local ayuntamiento decided they wanted to put a new footpath in - so took 2m of their land and a neighbour's - & the property owners had to pay for the pleasure!

not as drastic as an entire house or street being destroyed, but financially it caused huge problems for the two families

here's a recent report

http://www.roundtownnews.co.uk/index...17797&Itemid=9

it may have stopped now - I hope so

I understood there was a similar, if not so extreme problem in Andalucia at one time - although I believe they started to adhere to European laws sonner than in Valencia
Old Jul 8th 2009, 9:30 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

There are problems at Estepona golf urbanisations because of the LRAU. Only revealed when a villa owner came to sell and found a charge on the property. They were having to pay for a deveoper to urbanize the rest of the land. I remember one pensioner having a charge of about 30,000 euro. Not land grab but they were using the same law to subsidise a new development. Lots in the press a couple of years ago.

White linen are you an Estate Agent
Old Jul 8th 2009, 9:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Priors - Solved!

Originally Posted by cricketman
"Even our kids - second generation and fluent - rarely get jobs here and never in the public sector"

I have issue with this statement
1. It implies there is some sort of inherent nationalism that excludes foreigners from jobs. That is completely against my experience
2. It is hard to get a good job in Spain whatever your nationality. You need to get the best grades at high school (in the Spanish system), a good degree in a worthy subject - and then still have connections and a lot of luck. Of course there are always people who get a good jobs and have none of that

In conclusion, Spain is what you make of it, but dont blame your situation on being British, it reminds me of Ali G "is it cos I is black"!?
I think you will find that the "public sector" is somewhat different in that no matter how academically qualified you are there is a specific examination to take to enter the public sector employment from binman to head of the civil service and the quality of your results sets the limit of where you may apply. For lots of these jobs you also need to be a Spanish Citizen and not a lot of expats take citizenship.

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Jul 8th 2009 at 9:36 am.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Lenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond repute

On the 'colonial' stuff - Spain is Europe and I'm a European. Nuff said.

On the 'Land grab' issue, yes, it happens in Andalucía as well. The justification is 'that it's in the public interest'. Not necessarily clear-cut as who the public is though. It's also true that now is not the best time to start building the infrastructure for an urbanisation.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 12:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jackytoo
There are problems at Estepona golf urbanisations because of the LRAU. Only revealed when a villa owner came to sell and found a charge on the property. They were having to pay for a deveoper to urbanize the rest of the land. I remember one pensioner having a charge of about 30,000 euro. Not land grab but they were using the same law to subsidise a new development. Lots in the press a couple of years ago.

White linen are you an Estate Agent

No I am not but I think I have worked out who you are