Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Price of kebab....

Price of kebab....

Old Mar 5th 2022, 3:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Price of kebab....

Obviously prices are going to go up a LOT more because of the invasion of Ukraine. It has also been reported today that some Spanish supermarkets have introduced a limit on the amount of sunflower oil customers can buy per day, to prevent too much panic buying which could lead to stocks running out.
https://elpais.com/economia/2022-03-...n-ucrania.html

Old Apr 10th 2022, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
They will all go up in Spain very significantly in January when the government removes the current subsidy.

A lot depends on what sort of contract you are on.

I have been waiting for ages for a bill for January from my supplier (Naturgy) - they have been very erratic ever since last June, arriving at irregular intervals. A new bill has just come through this morning, which is for the 3 months from 2 January to 31 March (so at least I am up to date now) and it is for a total of €161.96 so not at all bad for the 3 heaviest usage months of the year. The strange thing is that the price per kwh went down very slightly at the beginning of January (was paying €0.1595 from June to December 2021, from 1 January 2022 it was €0.1424 and now went down again as the amount charged for the single day of 31 March was €0.1334, but the tariff includes a 5% discount on those prices). Weird.
Old Apr 10th 2022, 9:04 am
Banned

LarryR is an unknown quantity at this point

Brilliant...........they'll soon be paying you I must check Naturgy out as that is hugely cheaper than my current supplier................anyone else's bills going down and who do you use?
Old Apr 10th 2022, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by LarryR
Brilliant...........they'll soon be paying you I must check Naturgy out as that is hugely cheaper than my current supplier................anyone else's bills going down and who do you use?
The prices now advertised on their website for new customers are a lot higher, just over €0.24 per kwh last time I checked so I have no doubt mine will go up a lot when the current contract comes to an end later this year, there will be some shopping around to be done but zero possibility of anything comparable to the current one.