Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Price of kebab....

Price of kebab....

Old Dec 20th 2021, 11:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Price of kebab....

What current reduction in the actual kwh rates? The CNMC comparison site has this paragraph regarding my supplier's fixed rate tariff, same for all of them, which is just a standard statement giving the company a get out should the Government decide to impose any additional costs on them. Which they have not done, so far as I am aware. The temporary suspension of the electricity generating tax paid by companies is also going to be extended for a further 4 months after the end of December. So what is this subsidy which is going to be removed? Please, can you provide a link explaining it?

"Naturgy mantendrá el precio durante 24 meses para la tarifa Compromiso Luz, siempre que las condiciones regulatorias sean las existentes a fecha 27 de septiembre de 2021. Si una modificación normativa introdujera costes, limitaciones o condiciones que incrementaran los costes de generación o de comercialización de electricidad, Naturgy podrá trasladar dichos costes a sus clientes."

I'm not paying a lower unit cost for electricity than I was prior to June 2021. In fact the price per kwh is higher. However, with the reforms the potencia charges went down slightly. Then my supplier (for a limited time offer) gave a 25% discount on the potencia charges which lasts until the end of May 2022 plus a 5% discount on electricity consumption (which is not time limited). Then came the Government's reductions in IVA and electricity tax, plus the temporary suspension of the electricity generating tax on companies. Those are the reasons why my bills have been lower in spite of the unit cost going up.

Last edited by Lynn R; Dec 20th 2021 at 11:39 am.
Old Dec 20th 2021, 11:51 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

For my energy company, this is what is quoted on the CNMC site

PLAN WITHOUT HOURS - Fixed Price 3 years. NO HOURS PLAN includes the same price 24/7 for domestic consumers, rate 2.0TD. Power Term Prices: P1 = € 0.113647 / kW and day, P2 = € 0.059096 / kW and day. Prices of the Energy Term: P1 = P2 = P3 = € 0.171728 / kWh. With the entry into force of RDL 17/2021, the final prices for the consumer will be reduced due to the reduction in charges of the electrical system. Reduced prices until 12/31/2021 for Power Term: P1 = € 0.094685 / kW and day, P2 = € 0.057876 / kW and day. Prices of the Energy Term: P1 = P2 = P3 = € 0.135890 / kWh.

These prices are the basic prices without IVA and the electricity tax. As you can see, the rates go up by 26% on Jan 1 (from 0.13589 to 0.171728). That is not accounted for by the 11% drop in IVA or the 5% drop in electricity tax.Also, as I said earlier I don't get the IVA reduction.

Incidentaly the rates on my contract signed only 5 weeks ago were a lot less than these rates (0.116 to be exact). What has happened, in my opinion, is that the fixed rate offers were too generous and all the companies are now increasing their new contrat rates to cover the increases. In my case their new rates are now 16% higher than they were 5 weeks ago.

Last edited by Fred James; Dec 20th 2021 at 12:14 pm.
Old Dec 20th 2021, 5:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
For my energy company, this is what is quoted on the CNMC site

PLAN WITHOUT HOURS - Fixed Price 3 years. NO HOURS PLAN includes the same price 24/7 for domestic consumers, rate 2.0TD. Power Term Prices: P1 = € 0.113647 / kW and day, P2 = € 0.059096 / kW and day. Prices of the Energy Term: P1 = P2 = P3 = € 0.171728 / kWh. With the entry into force of RDL 17/2021, the final prices for the consumer will be reduced due to the reduction in charges of the electrical system. Reduced prices until 12/31/2021 for Power Term: P1 = € 0.094685 / kW and day, P2 = € 0.057876 / kW and day. Prices of the Energy Term: P1 = P2 = P3 = € 0.135890 / kWh.

These prices are the basic prices without IVA and the electricity tax. As you can see, the rates go up by 26% on Jan 1 (from 0.13589 to 0.171728). That is not accounted for by the 11% drop in IVA or the 5% drop in electricity tax.Also, as I said earlier I don't get the IVA reduction.

Incidentaly the rates on my contract signed only 5 weeks ago were a lot less than these rates (0.116 to be exact). What has happened, in my opinion, is that the fixed rate offers were too generous and all the companies are now increasing their new contrat rates to cover the increases. In my case their new rates are now 16% higher than they were 5 weeks ago.
But quite clearly Iberdrola customers on a plan will not see any rises in electric costs.
Because this is on the front of the email I got today with my bill for this month.
I took my plan out in early 2020 (in fact before we moved here) and its for five years.

Old Dec 20th 2021, 7:51 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

You will have to wait until the new year to see if it goes up. My money is on an increase because if they don’t, they will all go bust!

It’s a subject of some importance to me as I already pay nearly €3000 a year!

Last edited by Fred James; Dec 20th 2021 at 8:01 pm.
Old Dec 20th 2021, 9:12 pm

Best of luck with that Barrie.. I was with Iberdrola for 5 years but I left when they put up their rates by 35% with no notice.

Old Dec 21st 2021, 9:23 am
Just Joined

el barto is an unknown quantity at this point

You will have to wait until the new year to see if it goes up. My money is on an increase because if they don’t, they will all go bust!

3000!
you need to grow less cannabis
Old Dec 21st 2021, 10:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Cost of bottled gas has certainly gone up. I bought first bottle of the year yesterday it was just short of 17 euros. Last one I bought last spring was around 13.50 euros.
Old Dec 21st 2021, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

SanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond repute

3000 at 0.116 per unit!!! That's 70+kWh per day. Have you got storage heaters?

I'm guessing I must have got lucky around the same time as Barrie. I'm on the Iberdrola Plan Noche Online. Daytime = 0.088499/kWh, Nighttime 0.071601/kWh
Old Dec 21st 2021, 12:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobd22
Cost of bottled gas has certainly gone up. I bought first bottle of the year yesterday it was just short of 17 euros. Last one I bought last spring was around 13.50 euros.
We don't use it any more but I looked this up last week after seeing someone post elsewhere that the current price is the highest they've paid in over 20 years in Spain - but it isn't. Between May 2013 and March 2015 it was €17.50.

https://www.epdata.es/precio-bombona...7-395394df3bf3
Old Dec 21st 2021, 1:19 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el barto
3000!
you need to grow less cannabis

I pay more than that a year (250€-300€ per month) I only contract for 5.75kW and certainly don't use much heating or grow funny plants !
Old Dec 21st 2021, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by SanNico
3000 at 0.116 per unit!!! That's 70+kWh per day. Have you got storage heaters?

I'm guessing I must have got lucky around the same time as Barrie. I'm on the Iberdrola Plan Noche Online. Daytime = 0.088499/kWh, Nighttime 0.071601/kWh
Not quite as your figure doesn’t allow for taxes and standing charge and the €3000 is at the old, lower, rate. Actual consumption has been steady at 12000 kWh per year.

No storage heaters but 150m2 of underfloor heating and 5 a/c units plus a lot more high consumption items.

You have a very good rate but they don’t seem to be available any more. The new three period rate is nowhere near as good as the old dual tariff rate. We decided it was now too complicated to sort out the best regime so after 20 years are now happy with the ultimate flexibility of a 24/7 rate.

Old Jan 3rd 2022, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

I've just checked my supplier's website and the price per kwh with their Compromiso tariff has not increased from 1st January 2022, it is still 0.1595 fixed for 24 months.
Old Jan 3rd 2022, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really nice

If you have a roof or a garden suggest you consider installing a solar system and dropping your contracted rate to as low as possible.

I was forced to go offgrid a couple of years ago when disconnected from the mains and to be reconnected was going to cost over 18,000 euros !

​​​​​​The system I installed, which I list below, cost less than 3,000 euros all in including installing.

If you have been contracted at 5.75 KWh and have had no cut offs it is more than enough.

You should recover the investment in less than two years based on your current monthly cost.

Good quality solar kit has become remarkably cheap and reliable over the last few years.

Best
Loco

Install

20 X 235w poly solar panels ( second hand, sold tested and warranted to supply 95% or above of what the same new panels are rated to supply and a 3 month warranty . )

1 X new 48 v , 5kw nominal/10kw peak Hybrid inverter ( with 2 year warranty )

1 X new 2.4kw 48 v lithium battery ( 10 year warranty )

1 X new junction box

1 X new breaker
1 X 5Kw second hand generator in case of an emergency at night

All the cables and connectors required
Some wood and metal lying around to mount the panels.

​​​​​​Two days labour to install everything

​​​​​

You are referring to the IVA and other tax reductions. What I am talking about is the current reduction in the actual KWh rates which would seem to be different. I still have to pay the full 21% IVA anyway so that reduction does not apply to me.
Originally Posted by snikpoh
I pay more than that a year (250€-300€ per month) I only contract for 5.75kW and certainly don't use much heating or grow funny plants !

Last edited by Loco; Jan 3rd 2022 at 8:28 pm.
Old Jan 4th 2022, 5:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Mark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond repute

Loco, I am off grid. Can you give more detail on the battery as to make and cost? My batteries are getting quite old now and I'll soon be thinking of a replacement.
Old Jan 4th 2022, 8:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Loco your post 58 very interesting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.