Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Prefabricated houses

Prefabricated houses

Old Jul 12th 2008, 12:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ray51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud of
Default Prefabricated houses

These have been very popular , in most of middle and northern Europe , for 30+ years' now , for reasons of thermal efficiency , build quality , ease and speed of erection and completion etc etc , not least since they are so much cheaper !
Even today's Financial Times has a big special feature on same subject .
Has anyone had any experiences with pre-fab homes anywhere in Spain ?
Old Jul 12th 2008, 1:13 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prefabricated houses

No, but I have seen some programmes that have shown people building kit houses (all made from wood, rather like an airfix kit). Is that what you meant?

Quite impressive, I thought and very quickly built/fabricated/installed.

The only downside is that architecturally, to me it seemed like living in a giant sauna with all that wood.

Plus if termites were a problem in the area I would never sleep easy!
Old Jul 12th 2008, 1:36 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

I have just purchased a rather grand prefab in order I can move it around my land and the wife hopefully will not know of its existence. The reason is like Ronnie Wood I have become attached to this rather nice bit of Russian totty
boy is she hot. I thought I could show this young gal a thing or two then move the house a few hundred yards every few weeks. I know you all like my tales to have a piccy of the young Ruskie....... Not Ronnie Wood though hes a serial bonker I am a lover not a one nighter...... Any way heres the piccy as promised will show you the shaggin palace once the three Rumanian's turn up for work to erect same.

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 30th 2009 at 5:40 am.
Old Jul 12th 2008, 1:38 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't she a bit young for you?
Old Jul 12th 2008, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ray51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bil
No, but I have seen some programmes that have shown people building kit houses (all made from wood, rather like an airfix kit). Is that what you meant?

Quite impressive, I thought and very quickly built/fabricated/installed.

The only downside is that architecturally, to me it seemed like living in a giant sauna with all that wood.

Plus if termites were a problem in the area I would never sleep easy!
No , in fact they are plastered , painted and in all finishes appear exactly as any "conventional" house ( should you wish them to be so finished ) , except that they sell for 600-850 Euro/sq.m. and , once you have the land , the permit/s and the connections , you can move into a finished product in a matter of a few weeks !
( Even fire-cover is cheaper , thanxxxx to superior materials used ...)
Old Jul 12th 2008, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by bil
Isn't she a bit young for you?
No Bil once she gets all the sheep bedded in for the night she starts on
bedding me getit
Old Jul 12th 2008, 4:34 pm
bil
Banned

Very good.

My complete fantasy would be to own a large tract of land with a suitable sandstone outcrop, and hollow it out into rooms and so on.
Old Jul 12th 2008, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by bil
Very good.

My complete fantasy would be to own a large tract of land with a suitable sandstone outcrop, and hollow it out into rooms and so on.

She gets hollowed out alright
Old Jul 12th 2008, 5:17 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
She gets hollowed out alright
Dirty little s*d.

These prefabs certainly sound a lot nicer than the word implies. In the UK the word prefab usually carries negative connotations.
Old Jul 12th 2008, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

celestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ray51
These have been very popular , in most of middle and northern Europe , for 30+ years' now , for reasons of thermal efficiency , build quality , ease and speed of erection and completion etc etc , not least since they are so much cheaper !
Even today's Financial Times has a big special feature on same subject .
Has anyone had any experiences with pre-fab homes anywhere in Spain ?
There is a company near Antequerra based in a garden centre opposite the fire station that has them they look great and are erected very quickly tailored to your spec. Good value too. We went in the show home and it was very nice. if we had known about them beforehand it would have certainly been somthing we would have considered. These are the insulated concrete type with stone facing and covered porches v nice...