Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Postal Services Between the UK and Spain

Postal Services Between the UK and Spain

Old Feb 27th 2021, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

Yorkshire Princess is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Postal Services Between the UK and Spain

Is anyone else having problems with this? I am still waiting for some stuff that I know was sent weeks ago.

Thanks.
Old Feb 27th 2021, 11:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Retired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Postal Services Between the UK and Spain

Not particularly, though have noticed that my books from Amazon UK take 3-4 days longer.
Old Feb 27th 2021, 11:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkshire Princess
Is anyone else having problems with this? I am still waiting for some stuff that I know was sent weeks ago.

Thanks.
I think it varies as to what the mail is.
I got a letter from the Uk tax office in 2 days but waited nearly 3 weeks for the new debit card from HSBC (and it was sent via germany and had a german postage label over the UK one)

Otherwise I always find going to your local post office sometimes works and asking if there is any mail.
The answer at ours is normally no and then a day or so later I get a couple of letters in the mailbox. The local post laughs when I say it must be because I went and asked.
Old Feb 27th 2021, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond repute

As for sending stuff from Spain since the New Year, my record stands between 1 to 3 weeks. They are all letters, not parcels or packets.
Old Feb 27th 2021, 2:05 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

After Xmas I had to return my old passport as part of my renewal. It took nearly 4 weeks and it was a tracked package.
Old Feb 27th 2021, 2:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

I posted a birthday card from Spain to the UK on Monday 15 February which was received there on Thursday 18 February, just normal post.
Old Feb 27th 2021, 4:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

It seems to be taking at least 3 weeks for me, that is either way. I recently opened a new bank account with HSBC I have had the pin and info pack that too 3 weeks, still waiting for the debit card which they say was posted on same day.
Old Feb 28th 2021, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Barriej
I think it varies as to what the mail is.
I got a letter from the Uk tax office in 2 days but waited nearly 3 weeks for the new debit card from HSBC (and it was sent via germany and had a german postage label over the UK one)

Otherwise I always find going to your local post office sometimes works and asking if there is any mail.
The answer at ours is normally no and then a day or so later I get a couple of letters in the mailbox. The local post laughs when I say it must be because I went and asked.
This never occurred to me because I thought you could only do that if you live somewhere where there is no delivery service. I'll bear it in mind.

Thanks for the post.
Old Feb 28th 2021, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Fred James
After Xmas I had to return my old passport as part of my renewal. It took nearly 4 weeks and it was a tracked package.
I think it's about 4 weeks I've been waiting for these letters now. I have already had some post sent back to the UK because the sender wrote one letter in one word of the address incorrectly. It seems a bit strange that there is so much variation in how long people are waiting to receive stuff.

Old Feb 28th 2021, 11:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

This never occurred to me because I thought you could only do that if you live somewhere where there is no delivery service. I'll bear it in mind.

Thanks for the post.
I suppose it depends on the size of the town you live in. There are only around 5000 here and we live in an attached village (postcode wise).
The lady in the Post Office knows me now as I gave the wrong address to people when we moved. She explained the way it should be done and now when we go in there she greats me in english (I would rather practice my bad Spanish though).
They have a lot of boxes in there as well because the FIL lives in the campo and he has to go in and get his mail.

I will say that Ive found the system here to be amusing and rather early 20th century but its efficient and they phone me when there is a package bigger than our mailbox so I can be at home when the post person turns up. Never got that service in the Uk.
Old Feb 28th 2021, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

We live in a town with a population 10 times the size (50k) and the lady who delivers our posts greets us in the street and if there is any mail for us, takes it out of her bag and gives it to us on the spot. We were once sitting waiting in the water company offices when our post lady (a different one who used to deliver to our old address) came in with their mail. After taking it through to the back office she came over to us and handed over our mail with a friendly greeting.
Old Feb 28th 2021, 12:37 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

When we recieve a package, the postmaster sends us a WhatsApp.
Old Feb 28th 2021, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Barriej
I suppose it depends on the size of the town you live in. There are only around 5000 here and we live in an attached village (postcode wise).
The lady in the Post Office knows me now as I gave the wrong address to people when we moved. She explained the way it should be done and now when we go in there she greats me in english (I would rather practice my bad Spanish though).
They have a lot of boxes in there as well because the FIL lives in the campo and he has to go in and get his mail.

I will say that Ive found the system here to be amusing and rather early 20th century but its efficient and they phone me when there is a package bigger than our mailbox so I can be at home when the post person turns up. Never got that service in the Uk.

I live in a town of about 25k people and there is only one postcode for the whole town. I wonder whether that has something to do with it. I guess I'll never know!
Old Feb 28th 2021, 5:29 pm
Just Joined

franklknight is an unknown quantity at this point

Getting worse and you have to fill out customs forms with packets to the UK
Old Mar 1st 2021, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

breakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.
100% a noticeable delay.

my 20 month old snapped my visa debit in three pieces - I had to wait almost month and half to come across from Barclays (chased loads, replaced twice due to lost shipment).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.