Old Oct 8th 2011, 11:20 am
Just Joined

Diddymiddy has a brilliant futureDiddymiddy has a brilliant futureDiddymiddy has a brilliant futureDiddymiddy has a brilliant futureDiddymiddy has a brilliant futureDiddymiddy has a brilliant futureDiddymiddy has a brilliant future
Default Post

I thought I would pass this on in case it is of any use if you need to send anything quickly! Apologies if you are already aware..
We recently had to send a legal document through the post as we could not get over ourselves.

I went to the post office on the Saturday 24/9 but missed that days post so it went off in the Mondays post from England.
I asked for recorded delivery as the item needed to be delivered quickly but the nearest thing was track and trace. You get a receipt and when it arrives at the destination it is signed for. Very similar.
You check the progress on Royal Mail website. However, this is only up until it leaves the country and just tells you it has arrived at that country.
We kept checking each day to see if the doc had arrived so eventually phoned the Royal Mail. This was the 4/10 and were told that it had gone off on a flight on 28/9 in the afternoon. Would arrive at Madrid first. Was told that you can then track the mails progress on the Spanish Mail website, correos.es Translates to English.
Checked again 5/10 lo and behold had been updated to say delivered 4/10.
The mail was going to Huelva and when I got home from work on 6/10 had an email from the recipient to say that it had arrived.

Sorry this is a bit long winded but in case you were thinking of sending anything that needed to get to Spain quickly this is the process we encountered.

Obviously there may be delays but if this helps anyone, great.

regards

Mandy