Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Pool Re-Grouting

Pool Re-Grouting

Old Oct 6th 2011, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

polly.walker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pool Re-Grouting

Can anyone tell me the best way of going about re-grouting my pool. I inherited it some five years ago and over those years the grout has started to deteriorate, in some places it's gone completely.

What I would like to know is:

Is that true that some councils will store the water for you whilst you re-grout

Is it better to completely remove the old

Roughly how much would it cost to re-group an 8mX4m pool
Old Oct 6th 2011, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

sonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant future
Default Re: Pool Re-Grouting

Originally Posted by polly.walker View Post
Can anyone tell me the best way of going about re-grouting my pool. I inherited it some five years ago and over those years the grout has started to deteriorate, in some places it's gone completely.

What I would like to know is:

Is that true that some councils will store the water for you whilst you re-grout

Is it better to completely remove the old

Roughly how much would it cost to re-group an 8mX4m pool
Cadiz area pool empied pressure washed and regrouted 500euros
Old Oct 6th 2011, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

polly.walker is an unknown quantity at this point

That's not bad. I was expecting it to be much more. However, I don't live in that area. I'm in Benissa, Alicante. Though I'm sure it will be much the same price.

Thanks
Old Oct 6th 2011, 4:19 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Bin the water, contact the council and refill when you have grouted ... it costs about €250 - €300 here to refill
Old Oct 7th 2011, 9:52 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Something in the back of my mind tells me some pools rely on the water to support the pool walls and if emptied without some form of temporary support can lead to the walls collapsing.
I am sure others on this forum will know if I am talking rubbish but better safe than sorry.
Old Oct 7th 2011, 10:53 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnnyone View Post
Something in the back of my mind tells me some pools rely on the water to support the pool walls and if emptied without some form of temporary support can lead to the walls collapsing.
I am sure others on this forum will know if I am talking rubbish but better safe than sorry.
It's true of some, but ours is concreted in, tiled and below ground. I see plenty of them left empty through the winter. Ive also heard of those that arent structurally sound when empty, but not sure which kind they are
Old Oct 7th 2011, 3:58 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnnyone View Post
The walls don`t collapse, but you run the risk of the water table in the ground lifting the pool (floating) off its base.
Old Oct 7th 2011, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

tawaghorne is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sonnyc View Post
Cadiz area pool empied pressure washed and regrouted 500euros
Can you tell me which company is in the Cadiz area
Thanks
Old Oct 8th 2011, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

sonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by tawaghorne View Post
Can you tell me which company is in the Cadiz area
Thanks
Hi,
Try suenoandaluz.com
Old Oct 8th 2011, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

caroline c has a brilliant futurecaroline c has a brilliant futurecaroline c has a brilliant futurecaroline c has a brilliant futurecaroline c has a brilliant futurecaroline c has a brilliant future

If you want a proper professional pool maintenance company in the Cadiz area contact Billie at Clear Water Pool Maintenance. Tel. 658 382 237 (based in Chiclana)
Old Oct 8th 2011, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by caroline c View Post
If you want a proper professional pool maintenance company in the Cadiz area contact Billie at Clear Water Pool Maintenance. Tel. 658 382 237 (based in Chiclana)
Yes, Billie will do the job just as well.