Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Pool and garden maintenance

Pool and garden maintenance

Old Jun 18th 2007, 9:16 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pool and garden maintenance

[QUOTE=dazzle;4934984]
Originally Posted by crispygirl
Dj is of a different nature on mycadiz, he is very open and to the point but not argumentative as he was here. QUOTE]

I think the nature of the mycadiz forums is very different from here. It's a very 'local' board and much smaller so tends to be concerned only with specific area information and it is certainly less 'jokey' so there are probably less people to spar with anyway - if you know what I mean!
I'm afraid thats no excuse for slagging off other forums. They're different types of places, fine, but I just don't understand the mentality sorry
Old Jun 18th 2007, 10:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all

[QUOTE=Mitzyboy;4935320]
Originally Posted by dazzle

I'm afraid thats no excuse for slagging off other forums. They're different types of places, fine, but I just don't understand the mentality sorry
I never said it was and I think you'll find other posts on that thread that are also supportive of this forum!

My response was merely to the point I quoted at the start of my post.
Old Jun 18th 2007, 10:32 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=dazzle;4935592]
Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I never said it was and I think you'll find other posts on that thread that are also supportive of this forum!
My response was merely to the point I quoted at the start of my post.
Yes I realised that, I was venting my displeasure at what they said, not at you
Old Jun 18th 2007, 10:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all

[QUOTE=Mitzyboy;4935601]
Originally Posted by dazzle

I was venting my displeasure at what they said, not at you
In that case it might have been better not to quote me, but I'll take this as an apology and send you some Karma by way of a 'virtual' chill pill
Old Jun 18th 2007, 11:31 pm
Senior Moment

[QUOTE=dazzle;4935625]
Originally Posted by Mitzyboy

In that case it might have been better not to quote me, but I'll take this as an apology and send you some Karma by way of a 'virtual' chill pill

I'm chilled
Just have an opinion on it
Old Jun 19th 2007, 4:45 am

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

I think the term SLAGGING OFF is not the correct one to use, if you read DJ's first post re this site, I would say he was trying to be more confrontational than actually slagging off. He was soon put in his place by chicdiz and myself and later on by others as well, where upon the thread took a slightly different track. I really do feel that he just upset so many people on this forum that he then was in a position where it was expected of him to be that way; those that he did upset were not going to give him the chance to make amends and if the truth be known he did not want to make amends.

There were times when he made valued points and I often thought that he was meet (rightly or wrongly, who is to say) with un-called for hostility. I am thinking of one particular case where Kerri was quite rude to him and I felt it was really un-called for but because he had been his usual self and argued with Kerri over something else a few days previous it spilled over to other days.

Please don't think I am defending him because I'm not, I think he does take pleasure in winding people up and leaving a trail of destruction behind him but I also think in my case and I speak only for myself we did and still do have respect. He had some good ideas and valid views but on this particular forum he chose to be the aggravator.

I could go on and say that he is typical of a lot of people who are not articulate and poorly pick their choice of words to voice their opinions, also lack of typing skills and bad spelling can hinder ones ability to communicate but I won't because then you may well think I am defending him and I wouldn't want that