Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Pool Covers/Roller systems

Pool Covers/Roller systems

Old Apr 16th 2006, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

sonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant future
Default Pool Covers/Roller systems

I had a heavy duty pool cover put on my 8x4mtr swimming pool last October-this was done by the supplier, naturally now this has to be removed for this season. Can anyone tell me is this a nightmare of a job? as naturally I am the one that has to remove it :scared: :scared: I am thinking now I should have had it put on a 'roller system'. I am interested in hearing other people's experiences in the same position as myself also can anyone recommend a supplier of these rollers in the Chiclana area, and possibley an idea of the cost.
Old Apr 16th 2006, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

coralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nice
Default Re: Pool Covers/Roller systems

Originally Posted by sonnyc
I had a heavy duty pool cover put on my 8x4mtr swimming pool last October-this was done by the supplier, naturally now this has to be removed for this season. Can anyone tell me is this a nightmare of a job? as naturally I am the one that has to remove it :scared: :scared: I am thinking now I should have had it put on a 'roller system'. I am interested in hearing other people's experiences in the same position as myself also can anyone recommend a supplier of these rollers in the Chiclana area, and possibley an idea of the cost.
Here's what I do with our similar sized pool.
Make sure there's no water on top of the cover, nor leaves, toys, etc.
Undo the loops from the top edge, except for the 2 corners.
On one corner (A), undo the loop and pull back the corner so that the undone corner of the cover is resting on top of the still-secured area.
Walk over to the other side (B), undo that corner and drag the corner back so that it sits over the still-secured part of the cover.
You'll probably need to go back to A to straighten it up.
You should now have a flap of cover sitting on top of the secured cover, with the corner loops (loops 1) over loops 3 and loop 2 still secured.
You can now undo loop 2 on side A, fold it back on top of the cover.
Then do loop 2B.
What you're doing is folding a flattened roll, like you would fold and crease a sheet of paper.

You can keep doing this undo A, fold A, undo B, fold B, straighten until near the other end of the pool, then flip the last bits onto the pool surround and undo the final loops along the edge.

You need to keep straightening it up, pulling out the folded loop, to minimise the amount of sag and the chances of it all slipping into the water and becoming too heavy.

An alternative might be to drag the one edge up to the other, undoing a loop at a time, then begin folding from the middle.

I think I did this OK the last time just with the help of my 5-yr old to hold the loop as a bit of extra security while I straightened up the other corner and I think our pools are similar sized. Obviously if you've got a spare adult, it should be even easier and save you a lot of walking around the ends of the pool.
Old Apr 18th 2006, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

Poolguy is an unknown quantity at this point

SonyC
There isn't a roller for the winter cover.
They are just too heavy, and they are only ment to be taken off once. the method the above poster describes is good and there are others.

Can you get someone to help you.

Just another tip, make sure that it is clean and dry before you put it away. Use a wheel barrow to carry it and stroe it off the ground then it will last a long time.

Or if you sick to death of that.... I do a lot of floating covers for people who want to do away with summer and winter covers... these are on a roller and they are electricly driven... you just turn the key and they roll back.
PM me if you want the details.

Andrew
Old Apr 24th 2006, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

sonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Pool Covers/Roller systems

Originally Posted by coralsoft
Here's what I do with our similar sized pool.
Make sure there's no water on top of the cover, nor leaves, toys, etc.
Undo the loops from the top edge, except for the 2 corners.
On one corner (A), undo the loop and pull back the corner so that the undone corner of the cover is resting on top of the still-secured area.
Walk over to the other side (B), undo that corner and drag the corner back so that it sits over the still-secured part of the cover.
You'll probably need to go back to A to straighten it up.
You should now have a flap of cover sitting on top of the secured cover, with the corner loops (loops 1) over loops 3 and loop 2 still secured.
You can now undo loop 2 on side A, fold it back on top of the cover.
Then do loop 2B.
What you're doing is folding a flattened roll, like you would fold and crease a sheet of paper.

You can keep doing this undo A, fold A, undo B, fold B, straighten until near the other end of the pool, then flip the last bits onto the pool surround and undo the final loops along the edge.

You need to keep straightening it up, pulling out the folded loop, to minimise the amount of sag and the chances of it all slipping into the water and becoming too heavy.

An alternative might be to drag the one edge up to the other, undoing a loop at a time, then begin folding from the middle.

I think I did this OK the last time just with the help of my 5-yr old to hold the loop as a bit of extra security while I straightened up the other corner and I think our pools are similar sized. Obviously if you've got a spare adult, it should be even easier and save you a lot of walking around the ends of the pool.
Many thanks to both Coralsoft & Poolguy for your replies to my question, at least it sounds easier than I thought it would be to remove a pool cover. Heres hoping!!!
Old Apr 24th 2006, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

Poolguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks to both Coralsoft & Poolguy for your replies to my question, at least it sounds easier than I thought it would be to remove a pool cover. Heres hoping!!!

No problem

Anytime you ned help with Pool isses just post them here and I'll reply as soon as I can.

Hope you all have a good summer swimming in pure and clear water.

Andrew