Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Pool Chemical levels

Pool Chemical levels

Old May 10th 2007, 10:21 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pool Chemical levels

Originally Posted by Big Pete
Yep makes sense ,

I found a really good way to check the Chlorine levels , easy and cheap

What i noticed was sometimes the kids after swimming would come in with there eyes stinging , and then i knew chlorine needed looking at , if you have no kids then borrow one maybe? , if the eyes get extra bloodshot then you have to look at levels urgently

Also the theory of smell chlorine add chlorine sticks in mind along with screaming kids with bloodshot eyes , both good methods ..
Sounds good to me Pete.
Old May 10th 2007, 10:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

I know you are joking (at least, I hope you are ) but stinging eyes can also be caused by too little chlorine or a pH imbalance.

Another good indication is blonde or grey hair turning green and swimwear having a tendency to, shall we say, lose its opacity!
Old May 10th 2007, 10:31 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beachcomber
I know you are joking (at least, I hope you are ) but stinging eyes can also be caused by too little chlorine or a pH imbalance.

Another good indication is blonde or grey hair turning green and swimwear having a tendency to, shall we say, lose its opacity!
Pete? Joking? Have you read some of his posts?
Old May 10th 2007, 10:44 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Pete
What i noticed was sometimes the kids after swimming would come in with there eyes stinging , and then i knew chlorine needed looking at
But my eyes would be stinging so much I wouldn't be able to look into the chlorine

Well that would explain a thing or two!
Old May 11th 2007, 5:50 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

That wasn`t the case with aunties knitted trunks, didn`t need to lose its opacity, they dangled to my knees in any kind of water. lol
Old May 11th 2007, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

julie22 has a brilliant futurejulie22 has a brilliant futurejulie22 has a brilliant futurejulie22 has a brilliant futurejulie22 has a brilliant futurejulie22 has a brilliant futurejulie22 has a brilliant future

I am a newbie on this site and have read all your replies to the Pool Chemical levels with concern.

Our pool has a low PH, and the OH, who is in charge of pool cleaning, (amongst other things) has purchased a liquid product to increase the pH levels. Tonight is the night he is going to make sure the pool has a balanced pH.

The back of the container specifies the amount of liquid that should be used per cubic litres of water. OH wanted to shove the whole lot in this evening and then check the water again tomorrow.

Being a natural blonde and not wanting my hair to turn green after taking a dip. Can someone please let me know how many cubic litres of water an 8m x 4m pool holds so I can make sure OH puts in the correct amount of liquid.
Old May 11th 2007, 3:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

If you have a low pH it means that the water is too acidic and you would use soda ash (sodium carbonate), which usually comes in powder form, to increase it.

If you really do have a low pH make sure you are using a pH increaser not a pH reducer.

It depends on the depth but an 8 x 4 pool with an average depth of 1,5 metres would hold about fifty cubic metres (fifty thousand litres) of water.
Old May 11th 2007, 4:25 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by julie22
I am a newbie on this site and have read all your replies to the Pool Chemical levels with concern.

Our pool has a low PH, and the OH, who is in charge of pool cleaning, (amongst other things) has purchased a liquid product to increase the pH levels. Tonight is the night he is going to make sure the pool has a balanced pH.

The back of the container specifies the amount of liquid that should be used per cubic litres of water. OH wanted to shove the whole lot in this evening and then check the water again tomorrow.

Being a natural blonde and not wanting my hair to turn green after taking a dip. Can someone please let me know how many cubic litres of water an 8m x 4m pool holds so I can make sure OH puts in the correct amount of liquid.
Have a look HERE, almost everything you will want to know about pools.
Old May 11th 2007, 9:17 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Mines normal again

Edit: The Pool!

Last edited by Mitzyboy; May 11th 2007 at 9:18 pm. Reason: Anti Rugbymattp!sstake addition
Old May 11th 2007, 9:34 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Mines normal again

for the edit reason bit ....
Old May 12th 2007, 5:05 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

as a mother of two blondes, and blonde myself, I'm used to green hair! We put ketchup om it..leave a few mins then wash it out........sounds yukky but it works!
Old May 12th 2007, 5:14 am
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Thats interesting .... when I've watched the pool cleaner he has always changed from filter to Backwash to rinse with the pump on ...... which of course is what I just did. Does it do damage?

Cleaned the filter bowl
Stuck another tablet in
See what the levels are tomorrow
Yes we were told it damages the pump
Old May 12th 2007, 8:22 am
Straw Man.

Mines normal again

damn you man!
Old May 12th 2007, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

julie22 has a brilliant futurejulie22 has a brilliant futurejulie22 has a brilliant futurejulie22 has a brilliant futurejulie22 has a brilliant futurejulie22 has a brilliant futurejulie22 has a brilliant future

Thanks for response Beachcomber, will go and get some Soda Ash on Monday.

OH decided to stick the whole cannister of pH increaser in the pool yesterday, checked the pH levels this morning, and they are still very low. I think he has been using too much Agua Fuerte to clean the grout on the tiles and in the poo.

Question for Lynnxa, if you put ketchup on your hair, does it not turn the pool red might end up with a worse problem than the pH levels.

Typical, pool has been fine for weeks when too cold to go in, weather gets warm and I darent go in it!!

Thanks for the responses
Old May 12th 2007, 7:12 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Question for Lynnxa, if you put ketchup on your hair, does it not turn the pool red might end up with a worse problem than the pH levels.

Typical, pool has been fine for weeks when too cold to go in, weather gets warm and I darent go in it!!

Thanks for the responses
not while you're in the pool

later, just before you wash it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.