Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Pool Chemical levels

Pool Chemical levels

Old May 6th 2007, 2:25 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pool Chemical levels

Whats the clorine today ? keep it 1 to 1.5.
Old May 6th 2007, 5:35 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Whats the clorine today ? keep it 1 to 1.5.

Same as yesterday, maybe a slight improvement. The water looks spot on though, really clean and sparkly ... was slightly milky yesterday. Also vacuumed and checked the filter for pool men
Old May 6th 2007, 6:05 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Thats interesting .... when I've watched the pool cleaner he has always changed from filter to Backwash to rinse with the pump on ...... which of course is what I just did. Does it do damage?

Cleaned the filter bowl
Stuck another tablet in
See what the levels are tomorrow

Hi Mitzyboy

OH worked in the pools back in UK for 16 years, he says 1/2 close the main drain in the bottom of the pool and then open up full the skimmers to allow more water over the tablets, just until the level rises to 1.5 then put them back to normal.

He said PH 7.6 for Spain is not so bad because of the water condition, he said they use to run the pools at 7.6 although he personally preferred 7.4.
Old May 6th 2007, 7:26 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crispygirl
Hi Mitzyboy

OH worked in the pools back in UK for 16 years, he says 1/2 close the main drain in the bottom of the pool and then open up full the skimmers to allow more water over the tablets, just until the level rises to 1.5 then put them back to normal.

He said PH 7.6 for Spain is not so bad because of the water condition, he said they use to run the pools at 7.6 although he personally preferred 7.4.
Thanks for that .... if I can manage to find how to half close the main drain I'll give it a try
Old May 6th 2007, 7:57 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Thanks for that .... if I can manage to find how to half close the main drain I'll give it a try

OH said on the pipe leading to the pump there should be 3 taps, skimmer, drain and hoover. Hoover should be closed all the time except for when hoovering. The other two should be open so if you close one then go and check the skimmer, if lots of water if going through then that's the right one if not try the other.
Old May 8th 2007, 8:28 am
Senior Moment

OK I've spent some time and seem to have sussed out what does what. I discovered that obviously there are taps for the vacuum, the filter inlet through the skimmer and the inlet through the bottom of the pool. The inlet through the skimmer was switched off therefore no water was circulating through the skimmer where the chlorine tablets were. Is this inlet usually left fully open or partially open? Sorry for stupid question again.
Old May 8th 2007, 8:30 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

OK I've spent some time and seem to have sussed out what does what. I discovered that obviously there are taps for the vacuum, the filter inlet through the skimmer and the inlet through the bottom of the pool. The inlet through the skimmer was switched off therefore no water was circulating through the skimmer where the chlorine tablets were. Is this inlet usually left fully open or partially open? Sorry for stupid question again.
Dont be sorry, we expect no less.
Old May 8th 2007, 8:31 am
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Dont be sorry, we expect no less.

and its all your gonna get
Old May 8th 2007, 8:33 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

and its all your gonna get
bet you say that to all the ladies!

god that sounded camp!
Old May 8th 2007, 10:02 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Always leave the skimmer valve open except when hoovering, unless your hoover pipe fits in the skimmer, then close the main drain valve to nearly shut, to give more suction to the hoover.
Old May 8th 2007, 11:01 am
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by jdr
Always leave the skimmer valve open except when hoovering, unless your hoover pipe fits in the skimmer, then close the main drain valve to nearly shut, to give more suction to the hoover.
That would explain a thing or two then!
Old May 8th 2007, 11:39 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

That would explain a thing or two then!
Yeah, if its been shut you have had no water circulating over the tablets. ;-)
Old May 10th 2007, 10:00 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Just to add a point of experience of mine to Mitzys pool readings.

Did you know if you actually over Chlorinate you will get a reading showing really low ?

I had a saga when i was chucking it in daily and it wouldnt go up the scale !!
So found out the hard and expensive way

Just thought i chuck that in the equation
Old May 10th 2007, 10:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

If you have an excessive amount of chlorine in the pool it will bleach out the colour of the test reagent. If this happens do the test again with half pool water and half tap water then double the result to get the real reading.

If you are using the liquid test reagent OTO it may be past its shelf life and doesn't give a true free chlorine reading anyway.
Old May 10th 2007, 10:16 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beachcomber
If you have an excessive amount of chlorine in the pool it will bleach out the colour of the test reagent. If this happens do the test again with half pool water and half tap water then double the result to get the real reading.

If you are using the liquid test reagent OTO it may be past its shelf life and doesn't give a true free chlorine reading anyway.
Yep makes sense ,

I found a really good way to check the Chlorine levels , easy and cheap

What i noticed was sometimes the kids after swimming would come in with there eyes stinging , and then i knew chlorine needed looking at , if you have no kids then borrow one maybe? , if the eyes get extra bloodshot then you have to look at levels urgently

Also the theory of smell chlorine add chlorine sticks in mind along with screaming kids with bloodshot eyes , both good methods ..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.