Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

POLL:- Weight loss/gain

POLL:- Weight loss/gain

Old Jun 20th 2008, 7:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

linda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud of
Default POLL:- Weight loss/gain

Thought this might be interesting as we hear of this healthier lifestyle in Spain. Does it work? I fully intend to embark on it and shed a few pounds. Just wondered how many of you have actually lost weight (or gained) since your move
Old Jun 20th 2008, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

Palmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud of
Default Re: POLL:- Weight loss/gain

female - 29 years 5´2" weighed 8 and a half stone in 2003

then moved to spain

within 1 year weighed 7 and a half stone.....and have stayed same weight ever since!

reason? eat 99% fresh foods for main meals, not pre-packed. fresh chicken breast, fish, veg, though daily consumtion of chocolate and cakes and vino!!
Old Jun 20th 2008, 7:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Palmera
female - 29 years 5´2" weighed 8 and a half stone in 2003

then moved to spain

within 1 year weighed 7 and a half stone.....and have stayed same weight ever since!

reason? eat 99% fresh foods for main meals, not pre-packed. fresh chicken breast, fish, veg, though daily consumtion of chocolate and cakes and vino!!

Im in Uk and very, very rarely use pre-packed foods... I cook all meals with fresh ingredients... but although Im more or less your height I am nowhere near your weight (Im heavier)... so I don`t think it`s necessarily diet. But... I`m off topic cos I don`t live in Spain... but I`m commenting on fresh food.
Old Jun 20th 2008, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

Palmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DebsyW
Im in Uk and very, very rarely use pre-packed foods... I cook all meals with fresh ingredients... but although Im more or less your height I am nowhere near your weight (Im heavier)... so I don`t think it`s necessarily diet. But... I`m off topic cos I don`t live in Spain... but I`m commenting on fresh food.
it could be lifestyle aswell. in uk i sat on my bum in my office all day, whereas here i´m out swimming in the pool, walking the dogs, down at the beach.on the otherhand i spend more time here eating out, drinking alcohol, siestering, so maybe they negate each other!Whatever it is, i´m loving it!!
Old Jun 20th 2008, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

Katya is a jewel in the roughKatya is a jewel in the roughKatya is a jewel in the roughKatya is a jewel in the rough

Im Loving it !!!!!!!!! Move out in 4 weeks ! Still got a few pounds to shed after baby number 2 - but knowing my luck it wont happen that way !!!!!!!! Katx
Old Jun 20th 2008, 8:38 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by linda Coyle
Thought this might be interesting as we hear of this healthier lifestyle in Spain. Does it work? I fully intend to embark on it and shed a few pounds. Just wondered how many of you have actually lost weight (or gained) since your move
Age 55, 5ft 8in I have lived here three years full time and put on 2 stone, 99% of the time I eat only fresh produce, hardly ever eat cakes, chocolate or sweets, however I do love bread and alcohol and that is where my downfall is.

For the last 8 weeks I have cut down on bread and alcohol, practically non-existent in my diet now and I have lost 8lb so there is hope for me yet
Old Jun 20th 2008, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by Palmera
it could be lifestyle aswell. in uk i sat on my bum in my office all day, whereas here i´m out swimming in the pool, walking the dogs, down at the beach.on the otherhand i spend more time here eating out, drinking alcohol, siestering, so maybe they negate each other!Whatever it is, i´m loving it!!
I think you are right Palmera, I have gone from being on my feet all day running around in an emergency lab, two hour commute both ways to work daily to sitting on me bum at this keyboard I also have a knee complaint that stops be from walking to far but I try not to give in to it and walk a couple of 2k each day.
Old Jun 20th 2008, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

Katya is a jewel in the roughKatya is a jewel in the roughKatya is a jewel in the roughKatya is a jewel in the rough

Crispy i think im gonna with you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jun 20th 2008, 8:51 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Well I have put on shed loads of weight. I am 34 inch waist but I do wear 52inch waist trousers.......... Just for comfort ..."Ay-Thang-Yew"

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 30th 2009 at 5:40 am.
Old Jun 20th 2008, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
Well I have put on shed loads of weight. I am 34 inch waist but I do wear 52inch waist trousers.......... Just for comfort ..."Ay-Thang-Yew"
There's a lot to be said for the good old elasticated waist
Old Jun 20th 2008, 11:34 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Chris,

How's it going?

I'm down to 11 stone 7 or 8 now, all without doing anything as sordid as exercise!
Old Jun 21st 2008, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute

After only a few months here I had lost over 2 stone, and gone down 1-2 dress sizes, although have put a little back on am still a lot slimmer & fitter than when in UK, and thats with eating out and 1 or 2 glasses of vino to many!!
Old Jun 21st 2008, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crispy
Age 55, 5ft 8in I have lived here three years full time and put on 2 stone, 99% of the time I eat only fresh produce, hardly ever eat cakes, chocolate or sweets, however I do love bread and alcohol and that is where my downfall is.

For the last 8 weeks I have cut down on bread and alcohol, practically non-existent in my diet now and I have lost 8lb so there is hope for me yet
Agree with Crispy - weren't daft enough to bring my scales with me - but the clothes say I have gained
Old Jun 21st 2008, 1:41 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

The best thing is to cut out refined carbs. Those IMO are the real killers. Atkins had a point.
Old Jun 21st 2008, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
The best thing is to cut out refined carbs. Those IMO are the real killers. Atkins had a point.
you will have to pm me your diet sheet Bil... or email it to me if you still have my email address..... that`s if you do have a diet sheet that is. xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.