Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Plot return of deposit issue

Plot return of deposit issue

Old Mar 26th 2011, 3:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice
Unhappy Plot return of deposit issue

Up until yesterday, I was in the process, through my solicitor, of recovering my 50% plot seposit. Although this was going to take anumber of years I accepted that i might at least get some of it back.
However, I received a mail from the solicitor yesterday adviseing that the decision to allow contracts to be cancelled has been reversed and my only course of action is to appeal this decision (at further considerable cost). If I lose the appeal I pay significant costs and will then be forced to complete the purchase. If I don't appeal I still pick up sizeable legal costs and have to complete.
Anyone else in the same position and is your understanding the same as mine?

Appreciate it if you could PM me (I'll be out of contact for a day or so as travelling but will respond as soon as back on line).
Thanks
Old Apr 27th 2011, 10:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud of
Default Re: Plot return of deposit issue

Originally Posted by AndyS
Up until yesterday, I was in the process, through my solicitor, of recovering my 50% plot seposit. Although this was going to take anumber of years I accepted that i might at least get some of it back.
However, I received a mail from the solicitor yesterday adviseing that the decision to allow contracts to be cancelled has been reversed and my only course of action is to appeal this decision (at further considerable cost). If I lose the appeal I pay significant costs and will then be forced to complete the purchase. If I don't appeal I still pick up sizeable legal costs and have to complete.
Anyone else in the same position and is your understanding the same as mine?

Appreciate it if you could PM me (I'll be out of contact for a day or so as travelling but will respond as soon as back on line).
Thanks
Andy - what is the situation with things now? Not heard a thing from our solicitor who we asked to follow up the situation having got rid of our previous solicitor.
Old Apr 29th 2011, 7:37 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice
Default Re: Plot return of deposit issue

Originally Posted by CAROL ELIZABETH
Andy - what is the situation with things now? Not heard a thing from our solicitor who we asked to follow up the situation having got rid of our previous solicitor.
Have sent you a PM.