Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Please help someone

Please help someone

Old May 29th 2008, 8:38 pm
Just Joined

joannesmith79 will become famous soon enough
Default Please help someone

Can anyone help me please. My family and i are moving to Spain next year and as yet do not know which area to move to. We have decided that we would like to live in the Costa Calida region but as yet haven't visited any areas. We have visited Lorca, Puerto Lumreras area already though.
Do you live near Mazarron, Cartegena or anywhere around that area? If so can you please let me know what you think of the area and would you recommend living there.
Old May 29th 2008, 11:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please help someone

Originally Posted by joannesmith79
Can anyone help me please. My family and i are moving to Spain next year and as yet do not know which area to move to. We have decided that we would like to live in the Costa Calida region but as yet haven't visited any areas. We have visited Lorca, Puerto Lumreras area already though.
Do you live near Mazarron, Cartegena or anywhere around that area? If so can you please let me know what you think of the area and would you recommend living there.
IMO it is a nice area, at least to visit - I'd look at the La Manga resort personally.

You'll be asked further about your plans, i.e. will you need to find work, what trades you have, do you do the lingo, ar you renting/buying etc - the more info you give the better the suggestions you'll get.

Good luck & enjoy.
Old May 30th 2008, 8:22 am
Just Joined

joannesmith79 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Please help someone

Thanks for your reply Leighbloke. My fiance fancies the La Manga area but i'm concerned it might be a bit too expensive. We don't speak the lingo but intend on taking spanish lessons before we go. I have a daughter who will just be turning 4 when we go so we'll need to find a school for her. We would like to do some kind of work but from what i've been hearing, that isn't going to be easy.

Any advice??