Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

hello fm patsywhitehair

hello fm patsywhitehair

Old May 29th 2008, 1:41 pm
barxeta bliss,ohhhh

patsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud of
Default hello fm patsywhitehair

hi all, dont know if any of you remember me but I left spain in December last year, had to leave my little dog behind, his pet passport wasnt ready well to update you.
Left Uk with my brother a couple of weeks ago, took the shuttle in my car and drove thru france, stayed the night at a lovely chateau and drove the next day to arrive in Biarritz, stayed the night at a nice hotel and so far all was quite enjoyable, next day drove thru (mini, I think) pyrannees and broke down, no probs,covered with AA breakdown, waited 3 hours for a tow. The local police were very good they stood outside our car and moved traffic away fm us. My car was taken to a ford dealer who said my automatic gear box had gone and would cost £2500 and take a week to do as part had to come fm germany. Told garage to keep the car as I had had the car fm new and suppose it was now only worth about £3000m wasnt worth the hassle, we left the car loaded with stuff to take to my friends in spain,but hey ho, what can you do. The AA put us up in a hotel and got a driver and car to take us next morning to bilbao for a flight home, hire car waiting for us at gatwick, good service fm them.
I have had to buy a new car now and we are taking off AGAIN for spain on saturday sooooo keep your fingers crossed everyone for me.
hope to pick up my ginger little dog (reg) on monday and stay a few days before taking off for UK, take care all,pat

moral is........ if driving to europe then take out cover
Old May 29th 2008, 1:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hello fm patsywhitehair

Originally Posted by patsywhitehair
hi all, dont know if any of you remember me but I left spain in December last year, had to leave my little dog behind, his pet passport wasnt ready well to update you.
Left Uk with my brother a couple of weeks ago, took the shuttle in my car and drove thru france, stayed the night at a lovely chateau and drove the next day to arrive in Biarritz, stayed the night at a nice hotel and so far all was quite enjoyable, next day drove thru (mini, I think) pyrannees and broke down, no probs,covered with AA breakdown, waited 3 hours for a tow. The local police were very good they stood outside our car and moved traffic away fm us. My car was taken to a ford dealer who said my automatic gear box had gone and would cost £2500 and take a week to do as part had to come fm germany. Told garage to keep the car as I had had the car fm new and suppose it was now only worth about £3000m wasnt worth the hassle, we left the car loaded with stuff to take to my friends in spain,but hey ho, what can you do. The AA put us up in a hotel and got a driver and car to take us next morning to bilbao for a flight home, hire car waiting for us at gatwick, good service fm them.
I have had to buy a new car now and we are taking off AGAIN for spain on saturday sooooo keep your fingers crossed everyone for me.
hope to pick up my ginger little dog (reg) on monday and stay a few days before taking off for UK, take care all,pat

moral is........ if driving to europe then take out cover

bloody hell Patsy, what a nightmare - good to see you are still in good spirits about it !!!! good luck with the next trip

bet you will be chuffed to get your woofer home with you - can you bring over some sun as its been pants here saying that it is lovely today
Old May 29th 2008, 3:03 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Patsy

Lovely to hear from you again. Bet you have not got sick of the ability to get your fish and chips whenever you want them!!!!!!

What a nightmare trip you have just had.

Hope your house sale went through smoothly and that your life has settled down now. Be even better with you having the dog back in your new home.

Good Luck

Rosemary
Old May 29th 2008, 5:53 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Patsy......what an horrific experience for you Hope all goes well on your second attempt .... what about the stuff in your car...was it all lost???/
Old May 29th 2008, 6:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all

Patsy - what a fantastic attitude to life's setbacks - Hope your travelling is trouble free from now on
Old May 29th 2008, 9:32 pm
barxeta bliss,ohhhh

patsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lionda
Patsy......what an horrific experience for you Hope all goes well on your second attempt .... what about the stuff in your car...was it all lost???/

oh, just had to leave it all, only took overnight bags and wouldnt have been able to get it all in, que sera.
thing is my car only had 55000 miles on clock and was an s reg, so not done tooo much mileage.
Old May 30th 2008, 1:05 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by patsywhitehair
oh, just had to leave it all, only took overnight bags and wouldnt have been able to get it all in, que sera.
thing is my car only had 55000 miles on clock and was an s reg, so not done tooo much mileage.

Patsy My wife always changes the car when the ash trays are full ........ And she doesn't smoke hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old May 30th 2008, 12:48 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Hi Patsy good to hear from you, I can't belive it is 6 months since you left little reg behind and returned to the UK, you were so up set at the time. Then to have such a dreadful thing to happen on the way back to collect him, thankfully you were with your brother and did not have to cope on your own.

Good luck for the return journey hope all goes well this time, you really have to be applauded for your kind heart and all that you have done and will do for reg when you get him home, he is one lucky dog.