Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Plastic Christmas Tree Hooks!

Plastic Christmas Tree Hooks!

Old Nov 24th 2011, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

Soapdish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Plastic Christmas Tree Hooks!

I live in Benidorm and I have searched high and low and I can´t find any Christmas tree hooks to hang my xmas baubles!!! (No rude comments now!) I went into the Chinese cheapie shops and they showed me some metal hooks that were big enough to hang a person!!!! The Chinese woman told me "use string"!! I felt like telling her if you think I am going to sit and thread 30 odd balls with a bit of cotton, then you can go and hang yourself next to your enormous metal hooks!!!!
So if anyone round my area knows a place for Xmas decorations who might have these hooks, please let me know!!!
Thanks!
Old Nov 24th 2011, 12:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Plastic Christmas Tree Hooks!

Order them from ebay.co.uk you should get them within a week.
Old Nov 24th 2011, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

Soapdish is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I did find a place in the Uk that does 100 for 75p, and they charge 4.95 delivery in mainland UK!! I didn´t want to order over the internet, just thought there might be a place locally!!! Haven´t given up yet!!! I might just corner the market for this for Xmas next year cos EVERYONE buys baubles for their tree!!! I plan to stand outside the Chinese shops and say, " Got your baubles? I´ve got the hooks and you dont need cotton thread!"
Old Nov 24th 2011, 2:11 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

I am sure that in previous years I have seen them in Eroski, Carrefour and the Chinese bazaars. If all else fails you could use the metal ties from food bags or reshape some paperclips.

Rosemary
Old Nov 25th 2011, 6:38 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Soapdish
I live in Benidorm and I have searched high and low and I can´t find any Christmas tree hooks to hang my xmas baubles!!! (No rude comments now!) I went into the Chinese cheapie shops and they showed me some metal hooks that were big enough to hang a person!!!! The Chinese woman told me "use string"!! I felt like telling her if you think I am going to sit and thread 30 odd balls with a bit of cotton, then you can go and hang yourself next to your enormous metal hooks!!!!
So if anyone round my area knows a place for Xmas decorations who might have these hooks, please let me know!!!
Thanks!
I have used paperclips in the past, good substitute
Old Nov 26th 2011, 9:19 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lionda
Good thinking, Lionda. :sunglasses:

Improvisation is the name of the game,
or as my old man always drilled into me, "Where there's a will, there's a way".
Old Nov 26th 2011, 10:49 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
I am sure that in previous years I have seen them in Eroski, Carrefour and the Chinese bazaars. If all else fails you could use the metal ties from food bags or reshape some paperclips.Rosemary

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Good thinking, Lionda. :sunglasses:

Improvisation is the name of the game,
or as my old man always drilled into me, "Where there's a will, there's a way".
Originally Posted by Lionda
Guess you both have me on the ignore list.
Old Nov 26th 2011, 11:28 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

No need for the sarcasm, you know very well I'm overdue a visit to Specsavers.

That's my excuse anyway, I'm quite sure Lionda can come up with a good one as well.
Old Nov 26th 2011, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
No need for the sarcasm, you know very well I'm overdue a visit to Specsavers.

That's my excuse anyway, I'm quite sure Lionda can come up with a good one as well.
Sarcasm, me, never!!!!!

Well done, quick and sneaky thinking on your part. Think you should change Specsavers to "a good optician" going by what I am reading in another thread.

Edit: Just realised (I know better late than never) that maybe you do not have me on ignore then.

Rosemary
Old Nov 26th 2011, 3:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

I'd second and third the paperclip/twisty wire thingy ideas which I've occasionally used as a short-term expedient, but I never found it too much hassle to buy some of that narrow gold or silver twine - thicker than sewing thread, thinnner than string - and just cut however many lengths and thread it through. Point being it might be a bit fiddly/long winded but it lasts forever (ish) and doesn't look like a paperclip.
Old Nov 26th 2011, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by fionamw
I'd second and third the paperclip/twisty wire thingy ideas which I've occasionally used as a short-term expedient, but I never found it too much hassle to buy some of that narrow gold or silver twine - thicker than sewing thread, thinnner than string - and just cut however many lengths and thread it through. Point being it might be a bit fiddly/long winded but it lasts forever (ish) and doesn't look like a paperclip.
Sounds like you are thinking of reels of crochet cotton, they come in loads of different colours and all the glittery ones so if someone is using a colour theme they can get matching thread.

Mind you it does look as though the OP does not want to go to that much hassle. It really is strange that it has been hard to find the plastic hooks, I thought that they would be easy to buy with so many Chinese shops around.

Rosemary
Old Nov 26th 2011, 4:22 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

Don't you think the shops have much more Xmas stuff in this year? When we moved here there was barely anything in shops (Christmasy that is), there's getting more and more every year, soon we will be able to get stuff here in July

Last edited by anonimouse; Nov 26th 2011 at 4:24 pm.
Old Nov 27th 2011, 12:27 am
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

I've found that the very thick florist's wire... the sort they use to hold the shape in bridal bouquets works well instead of twine for the decorations.
Failing that use the stuff you find on a roll at the garden centre, it's green so won't show on the Christmas tree.
Old Nov 27th 2011, 5:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by megmet
I've found that the very thick florist's wire... the sort they use to hold the shape in bridal bouquets works well instead of twine for the decorations.
Failing that use the stuff you find on a roll at the garden centre, it's green so won't show on the Christmas tree.
Now that's not a bad idea......... (still reckon OP could have done it with glittery crochet cotton in the time it's taken to find hooks)
Old Nov 27th 2011, 7:48 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

No way Sorry Rosemary I didn't see your post when I replied (how did I miss it ) or I would have quoted it in my reply. Great minds think alike eh

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.